BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Threaded "boss" on fork tubes... and why is it there?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SilverBuffalo 
#1 · (Edited)
Jeez, nine years and 180K on two LT's and I just saw these - DOH! :rolleyes: (they must be for fender mounting options... I think 05's and up use them)

Now, what am I going to mount there? :D

How about some yellow LED fog lights! :yeah:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I noticed that the first week I had the LT and was changing brake pads. Glad you asked the question Ron, I will be looking for the answer too. :confused:

#4 ·
In NC, we used to have inspection stickers. We still have inspections, but no stickers. This was a great place to put a piece of plastic or metal, secured with a metric screw to hold the stickers. Kept the sticky mess off the forks.

As for why they're there? I've no idea.

#6 ·
Fender screws -- you can just see the corresponding hole in the leading lower edge of the fender in this '06 LT pic.

Also, on the inspection sticker -- they are still required here in VA. At least in the past (and probably still today) Morton's BMW includes with a new bike an aluminum plate cut at the right angle, and a replacement caliper mounting bolt and spacer sleeve to mount the plate behind the fork. The plate is barely visible above; only slightly more visible here, behind the fork on the R12, in front of the fork with the front-mounted caliper on the R100:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.