BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 99 R1100RT ABS with 81K miles and side and top BMW bags. The owner stated New Battery, tires, clutch assembly, stainless steel brake lines, HES, fog lights, alternator belt, air filter, engine/tranny/rear diff fluids. Throttle bodies have been synchronized, valves adjusted and plugs replaced.

I checked it out today and definitely felt comfortable with the owner who was very helpful with everything. The bike looked to be in good condition and the owner (motorcycle mechanic) stated all the maintenance done and mentioned the spline lube being done. The bike cold started without issue, and idled fine. I proceeded to watch him ride it without issue and then I took it for a spin around the neighborhood only getting to 3rd gear. The bike rode great.

With that being said, he is asking $2800 which I'm fine with since KBB list it at $3250. I plan to ride alot, at least one cross US trip, don't want to spend more than 5K, want shaft drive, and don't do any maintenance myself.

Wondering your thoughts on this particular bike. Thank you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: Thoughts on rough 99 R1100RT with 110K miles

No sense letting this thread go to waste. May be a 99 1100RT owner in the near future. Rough, 110K miles needs some love, guy's going to dump it off in my driveway. Wanted one in the worst way, I think I found it.....
Says it really doesn't like to start cold, replaced one head gasket after a dump over started it leaking...... What could go wrong?
pics when it gets here.

Haven't been around the forum since the K1200LT and remaining parts went bye, bye last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts