BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about taking one of the bikes out - it's around 30, and the roads are reasonably clear. Supposed to get another 2-4 inches of snow, starting this afternoon. But the bikes are clean, don't have any corrosive road salt on 'em.... naaah... think I'll let it go for this afternoon. Maybe next time.

Maybe I'll take a look at Lawrence's camera pics again - but it's just not the same.... :mad:

Merry Christmas to all you honyockers. And honyockerettes.

Best, John

·
Registered
726 Posts
I was in a honour gourd with 10 bikes for a fallen brother today, Not what I wanted to do on a day off but well worth it, temp-2c and snowing lightly :bmw:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
No snow here, but it is raining and cold so the bike will stay in the garage until after Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I thought about it this morning. I live on a dead end street and it never gets as clean and clear as a well travelled road. We'll see when I get home. if it isn't snowing, I'll flip a coin.

Trojan said:
Thought about taking one of the bikes out - it's around 30, and the roads are reasonably clear. Supposed to get another 2-4 inches of snow, starting this afternoon. But the bikes are clean, don't have any corrosive road salt on 'em.... naaah... think I'll let it go for this afternoon. Maybe next time.

Maybe I'll take a look at Lawrence's camera pics again - but it's just not the same.... :mad:

Merry Christmas to all you honyockers. And honyockerettes.

Best, John

·
Registered
616 Posts
I got on the GSA wearing nothing but my summer gear, which I found a bit hot today. I rode to a friend's house up the road...we took some curvies to get some BBQ, sat outside and ate on the picnic tables, then road home.

Not a cloud in the sky, 72deg. Have fun hibernatin', grizzly bear! :bike: :yeah:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I thought when I got the rt that with heated seats and grips that maybe I could ride through winter....
then they sanded the roads and we have some snow and ice blah blah..

long story short I put the bike away untill March
At least now with the bike away I can get some stuff done like mow the lawn, trim the hedges oops that's right can't do that till spring but then I'll be riding hmm have to figure that one out :wave

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hey John!
I rode out this morning from Lawrence, KS, to KC to the Cabelas to finish my Christmas shopping. It was 25 when I left home... the "icing" warning thingy flashed at me the whole way there and back. Got home 2 hours later and it was just 33. But, I was comphy the whole way... I have my multi layering down to a science!!

Met a retired police Goldwing rider (he was caging it today) at a Quick Shop... had the best time swapping ride stories...

I topped up my tank when I got back into tow, cuz with freezing rain and snow tonight and all day tomorrow as well as a storm on the way for next week... this could have been my last day riding for a bit... :( :( :(

When I pulled into the garage I realized that I had just hit he high point of my day... man, am I addicted!!!

Merry Christmas to you John and to all!!! Have a great Holiday Season!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Scottly said:
I got on the GSA wearing nothing but my summer gear, which I found a bit hot today. I rode to a friend's house up the road...we took some curvies to get some BBQ, sat outside and ate on the picnic tables, then road home.

Not a cloud in the sky, 72deg. Have fun hibernatin', grizzly bear! :bike: :yeah:

Scottly, you are really bad! It got up to 60 here with clear skies finally---I had to put a long sleeve Tee shirt under my jacket. The sacrifices we make, huh? :histerica

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heavynikonf3 said:
Scottly, you are really bad! It got up to 60 here with clear skies finally---I had to put a long sleeve Tee shirt under my jacket. The sacrifices we make, huh? :histerica

Merciless. Just merciless. :cool:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Trojan said:

What's the little red machine for? Is that to blow off all the water after ya wash the bike?

And that funny lookin' shovel...is that to pick up the parts on your Harley? :histerica

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Scottly said:

I don't know, Scottly, I think you're exaggerating a bit here. I've been in the New Port Richie area a few times and the only curvies I remember are the on/off ramps and street intersections. :p Of course, here in lower Michigan, I can't boast about much better. :(

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I know it was miserable here yesterday. It only got up to about 62. I was thinking I might actually have to put on socks. We are going to get some below freezing weather the next week though, and it is only 39 out there now. Glad I still have all my gear from those years in Pittsburgh, Pa.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Dieselweasel said:
Same here, it barely got to 60 yesterday, I had to plug in my jacket liner. :cool:
That's just cruel... :p

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Trojan said:
Merciless. Just merciless. :cool:

Exactly what are those odd-looking things next to the bike ? :histerica

·
Registered
616 Posts
Matt said:
I don't know, Scottly, I think you're exaggerating a bit here. I've been in the New Port Richie area a few times and the only curvies I remember are the on/off ramps and street intersections. !!

If you ever get back here, try this:

SR52 to Bellamy Bros Blvd, left on Bayhead Rd, Left on Lake Lola Rd, Left on CR541, left on Powell Rd, right on Cedar Ln, to Deep South Family BBQ. Open air seating only, cash only, and the owner makes it clear he's a bit right of Pat Buchanon, so it may be politically offensive to some. His brisquit is the best around, as are his beans.

Watch for police on Bellamy Bros. Blvd...they have "discovered" it as have the local motorcycle population.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
If tomorrow is like it was today, I am definitely moving the snow blower out of the way and getting the bike out. Sunny, no wind, temp around 2 C, 34 F, but it will still be a great day, if I can find roads that haven't been washed out by the flooding last week, but the rain did wash all the salt and sand off the road. In 47 years of biking I have never have the bike out on Christmas day before, looks like I will get a chance tomorrow. Happy Holidays to all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts