BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm creating this thread to encourage my fellow riders to consider doing the same. Back in January, I told my wife that I wanted to join ... and I wanted her to join with me for support. She was very proud of me for doing so.

Since then, I have lost over 30 pounds ... 35 more to go. :eek: My wife has lost about 12 pounds and is looking HOTT! We really are enjoying doing the program together. It's actually fun. I'm working out 3 times a week as well. Starting to really feel the difference.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
And I'm creating this thread to encourage my fellow riders to consider doing the same. Back in January, I told my wife that I wanted to join ... and I wanted her to join with me for support. She was very proud of me for doing so.

Since then, I have lost over 30 pounds ... 35 more to go. :eek: My wife has lost about 12 pounds and is looking HOTT! We really are enjoying doing the program together. It's actually fun. I'm working out 3 times a week as well. Starting to really feel the difference.
My wife and I joined a gym a couple weeks ago. Try to get to it 4 times a week. The motivation was my 35 year old daughter challenged me to a 1/2 marathon next year. She runs full marathons and will run in the Calgary and Helsinki ones. She has qualified for Boston, but hasn't done it yet. I need to loose about 30 pounds.

Garry

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
"I'm working out 3 times a week as well"

What are you doing?

I too am on the diet/treadmill/workout/rehab program. Got myself a "TotalGym" and enjoy the low impact routines it offers.
My motivation was money. I could either spend a bunch on chipping and piping my LT, or reducing the weight to HP ratio. Cheaper to drop the weight than increase the HP :rolleyes:

·
Registered
392 Posts
fpmlt said:
"I'm working out 3 times a week as well"

What are you doing?

I too am on the diet/treadmill/workout/rehab program. Got myself a "TotalGym" and enjoy the low impact routines it offers.
My motivation was money. I could either spend a bunch on chipping and piping my LT, or reducing the weight to HP ratio. Cheaper to drop the weight than increase the HP :rolleyes:
I, for one, have noticed a change Frank. You are still a mean, spiteful, smart mouth S.O.B., but now that you have become a determined exercise demon, you're a much slimmer, more vengeful, mean, spiteful, smart mouth S.O.B.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,163 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:

:worthless
Good for the both of you! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Forty pounds+ shed over the last year though www.livestrong.com and "my plate"
It's free, painless and now a new lady (who BTW, wants to ride) in my life as well :)

Had to buy new riding gear since I lost 4" around the waist. That was a good cost!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Currently on Medifast through my doctor. This is the first week. Drastic and don't recommend it unless absolutely necessary. Tough going so far. I'm a big fan of P90X and will start that up again in a few weeks. I need to shed a solid 50.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Started running about 6 years ago to keep up with my wife. Am still doing 3 times a week, 3-6 miles per run. Average 9-9:30 per mile. Lost 25 lbs & kept it off so far. Really miss it if I am sick, or the wind is over gale force, & I have to skip a run.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
They don't call him "sexy" for nothing! :histerica

Good for ya' Joe, does this mean you are going to skip the CBS at STC? :p

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,976 Posts
I hit 200 lbs. a few weeks ago so I just quite breakfast except on the weekends. I already drink Lite Beer so something else had to go :D .

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Very impressive, Joe (and you other guys). Keep up the good work. We all should be so dedicated.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Howdy, Folks.

Aw nuts. Nothin' in this life sadder than a fat man losin' weight. My goal this year is to hit 300 lbs! And I'm closin' in! Doc wants me on insulin and it ain't gonna happen 'cause I'm a naturally sweet kind of guy.

Very Happy Karl

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good for you Joe. I've done weight watchers (got tired of counting calories), Jenny craig (expensive), and slimfast (chemical land). They can all work, but I didn't make it a priority when school and work got in the way.

I'm now trying to eat more natural and avoid almost all grains. I also need to start exercising more. Now that I've just become a wage slave, after years of consulting, I'll be in a building with an exercise room. No excuse for not burning some calories and increasing my metabolism.

Problem is, my wife isn't "on board" and she stills cooks bad stuff. We will be moving from southern to northern Cal sometime in the next few months, and I've told my wife I will be doing the grocery shopping and cooking, so I can control what I eat better. Of course, she is free to clean.

Keep chugging. Seeing the benefits is such a great motivator.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:

Good job Joe! Both Pauline and I joined WW on May 5 '09 and She reached her goal that following December with 35#'s off. She has maintained lifetime since then. I've dropped 65#'s and still have 10 to go for my goal. I like the idea of taking my time losing the weight. It means its off for good and not likely to return since I'm not on a diet but rather a "live it". I hope the same holds true for you two. The only down side is having to replace total riding gear twice in 18 months. ;) the up side is I no longer take BP meds and my cholesterol is below 130. At 55+ and nearly at my teen racing weight I'm very pleased. The bet here at home is if I can fit into my racing leathers I can hit the track again. Wait a minute! My last race I "HIT" the track. No... Don't want to do that again! :rolleyes:

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I too have made the change for the better. I turned 50 back in January & weighed in at 255 lbs. This is the heaviest that I have ever been. I started working out with the "Biggest Loser" (from the TV show) on my X Box with the Konect, 30 minutes a day 3 days a week. I cut my calories down to 2500 from well over 4000 per day. I have lost 25 lbs in the last 8 weeks with 20 to 30 more to go.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bobnoxous said:
Good for you Joe. I've done weight watchers (got tired of counting calories) ...
Just an FYI ... the "new" WeightWatchers PointsPlus program doesn't involve counting calories. And with eTools on their website, keeping track of what you eat is so easy with any smartphone, or laptop. The wife and I love it.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Don't know what the motivation was for you Joe, but for me it was the fact that even my FAT clothes weren't fitting anymore. Then of course there's all that expensive riding clothing in the closet that didn't fit and little or no money in the budget for replacements. So, we decided to change our diet. Little or no starches or red meat and instead we bulk up on fruits and veggies with side dishes of fish or chicken. Seems to be working, down 17# so far and still going.

Just remember, no CBS or PRIME RIB at Iron Horse!:crybaby:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lynn_Keen said:
Just remember, no CBS or PRIME RIB at Iron Horse! :crybaby:
Not for me. I will have the prime rib, AND "one" CBS Saturday evening. What I like about the new WeightWatchers system is that you can eat anything you want. You just have to account for it. And save up points so you can afford to eat it that week.

As for my motivation ... When I got on my scale and the display read, "One at a time, please" ... I knew I had to do SOMETHING! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sounds like some of you are in the same boat as me.
I have three sets of clothes.
The just right.
The almost.
And the no-ways. :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts