BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right shoulder has been giving me a lot of pain the past couple of months. Finally got in to see the ortho folks. Seems that the doctor who fixed that shoulder (impingement and rotator) in 2016 didn't do so good on the impingement repair and then find that my collar bone is out of joint, like way the heck out. Very noticeable, can be seen from across the room. Doctor says this is a contributing factor, throws everything in the shoulder out af alignment. Apparently this happened when I got rear ended in December 2016 and ended up rolling my work truck over a few times. Doctor says in order for the shoulder to be fixed right, will need to fix the collar bone too, turns a relatively simple impingement correction into a major repair. Hopefully they get on it quick and I'll be healed up enough to get some riding in, late summer maybe.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Wow. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
So, when you rolled your truck did you go in for a check up? I know when I crushed my foot dirt biking I wrote it off as a good smack. 15 years later, when I could not walk on it anymore, I regretted not going in for a look see. Ended up with 5 hours of surgery and some titanium bits and a hinge. Payment for being foolish.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, when you rolled your truck did you go in for a check up? I know when I crushed my foot dirt biking I wrote it off as a good smack. 15 years later, when I could not walk on it anymore, I regretted not going in for a look see. Ended up with 5 hours of surgery and some titanium bits and a hinge. Payment for being foolish.
Yes I did. Laid hands on the report from the radiologist on the CT scan, seems it was noted that there was an issue with the collar bone but somehow they never said a word about it to me. The ER doctor was adamant that I follow up on another issue that lead to a diagnosis of cancer. That ended up consuming all my time, energy and effort for a while. Just had a PET scan and the doctor says I am now cancer free. Feeling a whole lot better and starting to do what I used to do and thats when the shoulder pain started in. SO to answer your question, yes, it is well documented. On top of that, the wreck was work related......

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Well, now I understand how you (and that ER doctor) got side tracked. Glad things are going your way.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Well. Just like me last spring/summer. Needed knee surgery. Missed out last years riding. You just have to bite the bullet. Sucks i know. But sooner your in. Sooner your healing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts