BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Man, That's only about 12 grand off... I'd want to dicker a little on that price..

Offer him $3000.00 I bet he says send me a check..

SKAMMALOOZA

John

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
I don't think it's a scam. The phone number on the ad comes back as a land line in Indianapolis where the ad states the bike is. Also the screen on the GPS shows Clinton street and according to google there is a Clinton in Lawrence a suburb of same city.

I suspect there is supposed to be a one at the beginning of that price...

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
andy said:
Scam and needs to be treated as such

On second thought I think Andy's right. There probably was a legit ad for that bike at some point and a scammer used it to create this ad and a bunch of others. The email address looks funky and a search for it brings up all kinds of crap...

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Just for fun I called the number. No answer, no voice mail etc...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hope it was a typo on the seller, but I recently found a similar ad on Craig s List for a 08 in South Carolina. Looking at other locations in a different state found the same ad listing the bike for two more cities. Scammers are working hard these days. Beware!!!

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
If it smells like a fish, what are the chances it's a cake?

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Scam if there is not a one missing at the start of the price!

I've played along with a couple of these ads just for fun. The e-mail address that the replies were sent from changed every message.
Also,the bikes were never available to look at because"the bikes in Florida or Europe,or Calgary or where ever, and the seller is always somewhere else. There is usually a sob story attached with a divorce, or an overseas posting or some such on the initial request to see the bike. In all cases, the replies stopped as soon as I offered to fly to wherever the bike was at my expense to see it!
Lots of fun if you have some spare time! :histerica

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Kra961 said:
Its a Scam here is another add by the same email address: http://www.bikez.biz/ads/showad.php?ad=37666

It's standard practice for those free ad web sites to borrow ads from each other and CycleTrader and others.

They're trying to make their sites look more relevant and have more content.

I get calls all the time from people who see ads on these sites for bikes we advertised on CycleTrader. They'll leave them up for months too. It's pretty annoying.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ad has been removed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts