BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a short (150miles) stint on 2!!! wheels. Yes folks I'm back on two wheels. For the time being I can't and didn't want to push my luck in immediately get onto a Big K, so for now its a smaller, ligher bike and since I always liked scooters, the best wife on earth agreed to a new Burgman 650. Kinda fun, has enough power for putting 'round, AND itg gets me back on two wheels.

You have NO idea how good that feels. 13 months after my accident I'm back. Yeah baby! Watch our Houston!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Hey that's great. I've kinda looked at the Burgman also. My wife showing small interest in ridding her own ride.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Farkle time is a fun time too!!! I like them Burgmanns and would have one if my stable and wallet were flush!!

Glad to see ya back on two wheels, Andy. You picked some good riding wx to begin this with! Have way much fun; ride safe; and share the experience with the best wife on earth!!! Hope to see ya soon - that thang'll make it to the Hill Country just fine!!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Welcome back to the wheels Andy! Those Burgmans are pretty cool. I met a couple touring on one on the Id. Mt. border this summer. They'd planned a 3000 mile tour thru the PNW. Actually left a Harley at home and took the Bman they liked it soooo much!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Definitely good news Andy. Glad to here you're back on two wheels. I sure enjoyed riding your old Honda Silverwing. That was a blast. Perhaps there's an HDDC adventure for you in the future:)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Andy,

Congratulations on the new ride. :cool:

You two have a great time.

Happy trails,

·
Registered
302 Posts
Andy

That's the best news I've seen on this web site in a long time!
Congratulations. I think that your news far outpaces anything that Messenger 13 has in store for his 5000th.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Welcome back Andy! Now if I can just work out something amenable to the family I may be back. :D :D

Next month it will be a year with no bike for me.:( :mad: :crazy:

·
Old Dawg
3,287 Posts
I want to see a nice photo of you in the Texas Hill country! Good stuff and congrats.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Feels Soooo Good

Andy,

Great to hear you are back on two wheels and you picked a great time of the year to start riding again.

Be Safe

·
Registered
241 Posts
Righteous news Andy! Glad to hear your 2wheelin again. Like Bruce said, good time of year to be back!

Ride safe,
Steve S.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mkiesel said:
Andy

That's the best news I've seen on this web site in a long time!
Congratulations. I think that your news far outpaces anything that Messenger 13 has in store for his 5000th.
You are even mentioning Joe and me in the same sentence?
:eek:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Andy:

Great to hear that you have decided to join the twowheeler world again. It really makes me happy to see that you are physically and mentally back.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
:cool: Wow Andy, that's great!
How about some pictures of you and your new ride.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
nbroca said:
Andy:

Great to hear that you have decided to join the twowheeler world again. It really makes me happy to see that you are physically and mentally back.

Congratulations!
A second from me. Really good to hear you have two wheels again.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Excellent news, Andy. Lanette sure is a keeper.

Enjoy yourself. :D

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Great news. I spent a lot of time on the Burgeman web site and test rode the 650. I think you will like it.
Really great to learn that you are healing better than you expected.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts