BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 LT with 32,000 miles on it. I have owned it for about a year and now its this bikes turn to bring into the basement, take it apart, and go right through it. It keeps me connected during the Winter months. I'll be doing fuel lines, brake lines, all fluids, and basically a good cleaning. What suggestions would you have for change while the bike is apart? Maybe for some upgrades. And what brand names to use. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am putting on HyperPro springs, Spiegler brake lines (bought at sportbiketrackgear.com), DDM Tuning HID low beam, SuperBrightLEDs red LEDs in the instrument panel.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I would do the 24K and annual service items unless your sure it was done properly. Valves , fuel, air & oil filters, all fluids including brake system flush canisterectomy. Of course you can also farkelize to your hearts content. Then you will know that you are bike is fresh and ready to ride.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
What suggestions would you have for change while the bike is apart? Maybe for some upgrades. And what brand names to use. Thanks for your suggestions.
If you are likely to add any electronic items, I'd suggest looking into the Fuzeblock
I didn't do this on my LT and have a whole bunch of wires attached back into the backside of the powerlet port under the left rear speaker, as its switched power.
When I got the GT I bought the FZ1 Fuzeblock and wiring everything has gotten so much neater and easier to do.

Another upgrade is the Hyperpro RS damper, way better than stock if you think yours is on the way out (although you can refill them, check for threads)

Have you upgraded to a HID low beam? You'll be amazed at the difference.
Then add additional front lighting... try motolights or something similar.

Shocks, probably about time to upgrade yours, either just the springs as mentioned, or if you've got $$ then go full treatment with Wilbers, Olins or there's a couple of others.

Grip puppies and throttle-rockers (cheap upgrades for comfort)
After-market seat (expensive upgrade for comfort)
Bakup backrest - great for long trips.. look for one 2nd hand.
Mick-O-Pegs footrest
Fix-it-before-you-break-it trunk latch kit (much cheaper than the full replacement latch which is awesome, but $$)

so many more farkles.... there's a couple of threads where people have written extensive lists.... search for "farkles" under K1200LT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts