BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back i expressed my displeasure at reading a joke that used bodily functions, far fetched scenario and improbable use of sexual organs to deliver a point. My objection was ridiculed including an infantile but typical play-on-words on my signature. No problem. We still have a long way to go.

Here is an example of (what i consider to be) the right way to tell an "icky" joke.

An old man walks into the barbershop for a shave and and a haircut. He tells the barber that he can't get all his whiskers off because his cheeks are wrinkled with age. The barber gets a little wooden ball from a cup on the shelf and tells him to put it inside his cheek to spread out the skin. When he's finished, the old man tells the barber that it was the cleanest shave he's had in years but he wanted to know what would have happened if he had swallowed that little ball. The barber replied, "Just bring it back in a couple of days like everyone else does".

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
:histerica :v: :histerica

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
That's a good one, Captain. Got a laugh out of it.

Don't take others' comments personally. Everyone has a different cutoff point - where "funny" becomes "inappropriate".

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
From one "Master Boater" to another, :)
I admire you for standing up for what you feel is right and decent,
I for one agreed with your evaluation of the questionable "humor"

Like yourself I enjoy humor but not raunchy humor,
still the original poster was right also, you don't have to read it,
so I usually ignore the things I don't care for and laugh at what I like,
life's too short to get stressed over things I can't change anyway.

As far as the term ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"icky"......:stir:........ Frank, ...................:rolleyes:

yes it is a technical maritime term,
it refers to the residuals our passengers leave in the head in rough seas.

Reactions: seahabit

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
"As far as the term ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"icky".............. Frank, ...................
yes it is a technical maritime term,
it refers to the residuals our passengers leave in the head in rough seas."

In that case, I must confess:

Forgive me Captain, for I have ickied.
I have ickied off the front of the boat, and the back of the boat, and the left side of the boat and the right side of the boat.
I have ickied upstairs and downstairs. I have ickied in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom, and I have ickied out the windows.

I will say three "Davy Joneses" and four "Captain Farrows" and hope for forgiveness.

(you non nautical types won't appreciate my references to upstairs, downstairs etc.) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gentlemen.

First and foremost, thanks to hschisler and SilverBuffalo for the kind words.

As to fpmlt, I must confess that some of the terms mentioned by you are unfamiliar to me. My nautical career, from Cadet to Captain was entirely in the Israeli Merchant Mrine. While I recognize the term "head", the rest is chinese to me. However, I can contribute a universal saying: "When you are at the Bow looking Aft, Starboard side is at the Port side"

Ride well, be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The front is the bow, the rear is the stern, port is left and starboard is right and if you get it wrong I'll throw you out the little round window on the side!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts