BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,the wait is over, I bought a 2002 LTC but now the real waiting begins...
Weather around here isn't real condusive to riding a bike that is new to me. As you all know these things have brakes that are different from anything else I have ever ridden. I figure these brakes, a little top heavy, mix in some salt and gravel and the fun goes away.

I am looking at the bright side. This down time gives me a chance to read through the owners manual so i can try and figure out the cockpit controls on this low flying 737.

I expect you will be getting some questions from me on what or how do you do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
>>As you all know these things have brakes that are different from anything else I have ever ridden. I figure these brakes, a little top heavy, mix in some salt and gravel and the fun goes away.<<

I think you WILL appreciate her Anti-lock Brake System when you get into the salt/sand/gravel mix. Have fun but be extra careful out there!

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's a beautiful bike! I hope you get to enjoy it soon. I'm picking mine up on Friday and can't wait. Snow forecast in the area with temps in the high 20s should make for an interesting first ride. Joel

·
Registered
169 Posts
tarheel_rider said:
Snow forecast in the area with temps in the high 20s should make for an interesting first ride. Joel
Joel, I hope you are not referring to the weather in Cary?:(

·
Registered
369 Posts
car61 said:
Joel, I hope you are not referring to the weather in Cary?:(
No, that wasn't very clear was it. I'm picking the bike up in northern PA. They are getting some late March weather. I knew it was iffy when I set it up, but . . . Cary weather is supposed to drop 20 degs but still be in the high 50s for the weekend.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's a relief...moving to Rolesville in June :D and don't want to see any more 20 degree snow days...:eek:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Roy, once you get checked out on the LT you'll find it is all-weather and fully IFR capable. Enjoy.

·
Registered
369 Posts
car61 said:
That's a relief...moving to Rolesville in June :D and don't want to see any more 20 degree snow days...:eek:
Tom, You're going to love NC. Can't promise no snow, but can promise mighty little of it and it moves out quick when it does show up. If I can be of any assistance in your move, let me know. Joel

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
bigbear said:
Well,the wait is over, I bought a 2002 LTC but now the real waiting begins...
Weather around here isn't real condusive to riding a bike that is new to me. As you all know these things have brakes that are different from anything else I have ever ridden. I figure these brakes, a little top heavy, mix in some salt and gravel and the fun goes away.

I am looking at the bright side. This down time gives me a chance to read through the owners manual so i can try and figure out the cockpit controls on this low flying 737.

I expect you will be getting some questions from me on what or how do you do this.

congrats on the purchase of the new to yyou steed, you will l0ve the brakes, I came from hd;s to these and it didn't take but a moment or three to get used to being able to stop. don't worry about it, just keep the handle bars striaght when you come to a complete stop and all will be fine, yes it is more top heavy than your other bikes, don't let it surprise you is all I can advise.

Tom

·
Registered
169 Posts
tarheel_rider said:
If I can be of any assistance in your move, let me know. Joel
Maybe we can hookup and you can show me some of those nice rideing country roads? BTW you are going to love the LT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts