BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at CCR this year Dave Dragon gave me a copy of his novel “The Shadow Rider”.* I just finished reading it and it’s great.:thumbup:* The main character that Dave created in the book seemed “familiar”.* It made me wonder where fact may end and fiction begin.* For Dave’s *BMW buddies this adds to the mystery, but I am sure that was intentional.* Good work Dave (…or should I say Shadow Rider?)

·
Ego equitare, timo ego sum
9,871 Posts
Thank you, AL. I appreciate the comments!

Both protagonists are modeled after real people, and some of the deadly interactions are based on actual events. That said, it is a work of fiction, and hopefully an entertaining read.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are we going to be seeing more of Louis and Nathan?

·
Ego equitare, timo ego sum
9,871 Posts
Oh yeah. I'm about 80,000 words into the sequel, shooting for 100,000 in the rough draft.
Been working my way through one heck of a writers block, which is finally crumbling.
Once the draft is complete, the editor will dig into it. After that, it heads to the printer along with the cover design, and then to distribution.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Sometimes I can't help myself :)

Congrats on both books!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
A lot of us are anxiously awaiting the next one Dave! Good Luck in beating through that wall of writer's block!

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts