BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my '04 LT for about a month now and love it. I have to admit, I could not 'get it up' on the centerstand.

I am 6'1" and 285 - and my ego was dwindling fast...then I read a thread and that to make sure that the bike is centered and that both feet of the stand were touching the ground before attempting the lift....that was what made the difference.

I can now put the top-heavy son-of-a-gun on her center stand - my ego is replenished. :p

"The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach." - Steven Wright

Karl

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truth hurts....

Steelers fan to Browns fan, "Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have."

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
You are welcome "DOG", even though you are a Steelers fan. :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Directions from Cleveland to Pittsburgh...

South till you smell it, East till you step in it.

F

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...must be from all the 'it' flowing down the OHIO river into the confluence. ;)

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Safedog said:
Steelers fan to Browns fan, "Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have."
Here in California the idea of culture is... yogurt!:p

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Lift??

Karl,

I have a 2002 and put it on the stand several times a week. When I saw the word "lift" there is where you might have an issue. I never or had to lift anything when center standing the bike. It just so happens that my bike gets up on the center stand by pushing down only on the center stand lever only - period!! I can do this with most any shoe or boot on except sneakers . . .

I think putting the bike on the center stand one needs to really focus on slightly pulling the bike back at the same time using your leg strength . . . applied to the center stand lever!!

My 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts