BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I did 850 miles yesterday and today. Rode through N. Ca. in 84 degree temps, but came back over the Santiam Pass at 40 degrees. I flipped on the heated grips, which felt great, then thought that it was a shame that the wife didn't have heated grips too. She'd have loved them.
Then it came to me, the perfect invention for her, and it's so simple. When I tell you what it is, you're gonna say, "Crap, I should'a thought'a that"!
Heated love-handle covers!!!
Figure they'd only have to be 50-60" long, and 6-8" wide. You'd put the heating elements only on the sides, attach it in the front with stretchy velcro so as not to bind when you bend over, and place a rocker switch or rheostat in the middle of the back so the wife can adjust the heat settings to her liking. You just wrap the sucker over the love handles and plug it in. She sets the heat to her liking, grabs hold, and she has toasty warm hands!!!
Frickin' genius huh? Yeah, I know!!!!
I'm building a prototype for now, but you may want to get your orders in early. They're gonna go like hotcakes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
She doesn't have heated gloves? :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Re: heated love handles!

fpmlt said:
She sets the heat to her liking,
grabs hold,
and she has toasty warm hands!!!
The success of your product is "relative" to the age of the consumer
and also on how long the prospective buyers have been married,

When I was younger I conducted an independent survey
and have come to the conclusion that:

most younger ladies prefer "the saddle horn"

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: heated love handles!

SilverBuffalo said:
The success of your product is "relative" to the age of the consumer
and also on how long the prospective buyers have been married,

When I was younger I conducted an independent survey
and have come to the conclusion that:

most younger ladies prefer "the saddle horn"

Yeah baby! Now we're brainstorming. A heated saddle horn cover. MUCH less material involved.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kimokk said:
She doesn't have heated gloves? :)
If we all thought like this, "in the box" so-to-speak, we'd still be riding in covered wagons. :rotf:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
On my R1200RT my passenger would have heated clothing to work with the heated seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts