BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a bleed screw and tried and tried and tried to get it into the adaptor but it would not go. I was able to push the check ball up but it would not screw in. I called the dealer and accused them of selling me the wrong part but they insist it is correct. It is the same bleeder as the left caliper.

I guess I'll remove the adaptor and install the bleeder in it's place. It's not a speed bleeder so my question is; can I leave it in the end of the vent tube and just put a cap over it just like a caliper?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
No problem Joe! Just make sure you have it closed and capped when not actually bleeding it. That is what I did years ago with a speedbleeder and it works fine.

John

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I did the same.

I think the speedbleeder is a 10 x 1.0 (you may want to confirm). PEP Boys had them. Remove the silly adapter.

I can sell you a slightly used adapter :rolleyes:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,908 Posts
A standard 10 x 1.0 will not screw in (hits the ball before threads engage) a 10 x 1.0 S (S for short will work).Also the bleed nipple for the ABS II calipers will work.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
jzeiler said:
A standard 10 x 1.0 will not screw in (hits the ball before threads engage) a 10 x 1.0 S (S for short will work).Also the bleed nipple for the ABS II calipers will work.
I bought the regular length (wish I had this advice earlier) and tried to thread it in, hit the ball, and cross threaded it into the plastic adapter.

I removed the adapter and used the regular length speedbleeder and so far so good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts