BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

The nook

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Rocketsled 
#1 ·
So, riding to South Dakota, I discovered that with the cruise control on, you can rest your forearms on the stingray, hold the base of the steeringwheel, and by applying slight pressure to either side to turn...sure is nice, quiet, wind free, and you can hear what the beemer does best! :bmw:

#4 ·
Sometimes, on the interstate, I will lay my arms on the plastic handlebar covers and grasp my nands onto the covers close to the steering head area. Kind of a bicycle aero tuck.

#5 ·
Rocketsled said:
So, riding to South Dakota, I discovered that with the cruise control on, you can rest your forearms on the stingray, hold the base of the steeringwheel, and by applying slight pressure to either side to turn...sure is nice, quiet, wind free, and you can hear what the beemer does best! :bmw:
I have done it, too, but the situation has to be right. Did it just today.
Is it right? Safe? Likely not.

#6 ·
Our friend Ari made a "Tiller" that attached to the mirror hole in the switch cluster...

You could lean back and drive the bike for quite a while with that thing...

I believe I still have it...

Maybe I'll send it off to CCR this year..

John

#7 ·
Sometimes I just ride for hours with my hands on the grips. Cool way to ride safely for over 55 years.

#8 ·
Rocketsled said:
Just kinda wondering where your GIANT BALLS go then......... :histerica

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.