BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend was quite a challenge :eek: I tore down the LT and put on a new set of shocks and a final drive that I picked up from Beemer Boneyard. Took it for a test ride yesterday afternoon and it rides great! :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
This thread is worthless without pictures!! :)

Dave

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dronning said:
This thread is worthless without pictures!! :)

Dave
I am not a shutter-bug... didn't take the first picture. :eek: It's ridiculous how many things you have to take apart to get to the nut on the top of the front shock. :mad: But what's worse, I put it all back together before starting on the rear shock, only to find out that the gas tank has to come off to get to the nut on the top of the rear shock!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
Al you know it is a success when it runs and there are not that many extra parts when your done :histerica
Nice job!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
alstrickland55 said:
This past weekend was quite a challenge :eek: I tore down the LT and put on a new set of shocks and a final drive that I picked up from Beemer Boneyard. Took it for a test ride yesterday afternoon and it rides great! :D
Did you get OE shocks from BeemerBoneyard?

·
Registered
499 Posts
alstrickland55 said:
I am not a shutter-bug...
That's ok but you must remember we all like to get a peek of a naked LT at every chance we can get:rotf:

Dave

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pkpr1998 said:
Did you get OE shocks from BeemerBoneyard?
No, I got the final drive from Beemer Boneyard. I got the shocks from Works.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
alstrickland55 said:
I am not a shutter-bug... didn't take the first picture. :eek: It's ridiculous how many things you have to take apart to get to the nut on the top of the front shock. :mad: But what's worse, I put it all back together before starting on the rear shock, only to find out that the gas tank has to come off to get to the nut on the top of the rear shock!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hate to mention it now, but you DO NOT have to remove the tank to get to the top nut on the rear shock. I've changed two w/o doing it. Only removed the right side panel. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Does anyone else get turned on by the sight of a naked LT...or is it just me?

Paul Harrington
AU

1 - 9 of 9 Posts