BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the LT took to the streets for the first time in a couple of months.
:wave doing the Valve adjust, fuel filter, air cleaner, installed metal quick disconnects, fuel cap mod, weep hole drill, changed brake fluid & anti freeze, and in the process made a 30mm socket w/ a cutout for the rear drive maintenance.

This is all due to the great help found here on the forum.

After the first ride no leaks, the brakes work, and the smile is back on my face.

(only lost one tupperware screw in the process) I think my wife stole it!
:wave
Now its time to go for coffee with Vern!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats. I just finished a similar laundry list of things on mine, In fact, I just posted about it (see My Springtime Maintenance & Farkle Jamboree).

How was that weep hole job? Any problems...tips/tricks? I have a 30mm socket that I need to modify, but have yet to tackle the job. Still waiting for my slave cyl gasket to arrive.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
LFranz said:
Yesterday the LT took to the streets for the first time in a couple of months.
:wave doing the Valve adjust, fuel filter, air cleaner, installed metal quick disconnects, fuel cap mod, weep hole drill, changed brake fluid & anti freeze, and in the process made a 30mm socket w/ a cutout for the rear drive maintenance.

This is all due to the great help found here on the forum.

After the first ride no leaks, the brakes work, and the smile is back on my face.

(only lost one tupperware screw in the process) I think my wife stole it!
:wave
Now its time to go for coffee with Vern!
Larry,
I'm going to Cameron tomorrow morning, tuesday, to see a Vet friend in the Veteran's Nursing Home there. I'll be out, so should I come by????

I was in St Jo this morning at Sears to pick up a new power screwdiver. Mine went caput. Can't be w/o one. Windy ride coming home. YeeeeHaaaa!

Glad to hear you got the LT back together, and it works. LOL

Gonna be a good sunny week, so let me know when you're ready!
Vern :bmw:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts