BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the “T” is that is displayed next the “Radio” on the LCD display? I have a 05’ and when I turn on the radio or cd player I get a “REG ON” at first and then a “T” pops up next to the “Radio” on the display. This “T” is there whether I am playing the cd or radio. Sometimes the “T” will go out and then come back on. I’ve had the old cd player (upper) replaced and it seems like that’s when it starting do this. I am just curious why or what this is? Anyone have any idea. I could find anything in the manuals.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not even a clue...but mine does it too. It seems like it appears more often when I am in the "countryside".

·
Registered
562 Posts
The "T" means that the "traffic program" is switched off. Some radio stations simulcast traffic broadcasts, I assume in larger cities. If you see a "TP" this means the traffic program is swithcehed on. You can change it from off to on by holding the "TP"/Mute button for more than 2 seconds. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this is even displayed when playing the cd player? Also it goes on and off sometimes.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I get a whole host of interesting little letters while playing my iPod thru the ice>Link. I've learned to simply ignore them.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Billmer said:
So this is even displayed when playing the cd player? Also it goes on and off sometimes.
Yes because it monitors the fequencies for a traffic signal whenever you have an FM station or a CD playing. If you have the TP enabled and a traffic report is broadcast on any FM frequency in your area, it will interrupt whatever you're listening to on the radio or pause the CD and stay with that station until they switch the trigger signal off again. It will then revert.

Keith

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had the traffic report come on one time. I sure wasn't expecting it. It is probably a good thing to have if you do a lot of commuting on the bike.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
We gots Traffic Radio in North America now?? Cool!

I'd seen this tech deployed in Germany back in the late 80s, early 90s - major nice feature while drive'n the A-bahn. But at that time, it wasn't even being considered for the US.

'T' on the radio meant whatever you were normaly listening to would be pre-empted by the 'special' info chanel. Mind is kinda fuzzy on details, just know it worked, you could switch it on or off and I think you could even set it so it only pre-empted if there was 'emergency' traffic instead of normal road report type traffic. fuzzy on that.

Great feature! Where's it been deployed?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
When I press/hold the TP on my 2000 it performs a seek, looking for a channel with traffic information...never found one yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts