BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you quite down a noisy muffer bearing and a get volume higher on a amplified air deflector ?

Damm these LT's are complicated

In total disregard ... Scott

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Welcome back my man..

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I'd think that you headlight fluid adjuster drive is slipping. Add grade 7 halogen from a sealed container until it puddles under the turbo drive clutch in December.

·
Registered
634 Posts
motorhead said:
How do you quite down a noisy muffer bearing ?

Use a Metric adjustable wrench, Silly.

While your down there, check the Knuter valve ... make sure it's in line with the Giffle pin.

·
Registered
509 Posts
This is an easy one!!

The muffler bearing and amplified air deflector can be adjusted by simply lowering the input regime so that it's synchronized closer to the 4th exponential variability, and therefore matches the output of the sequential port oscillating vacuumatic diffusilizer. Piece of cake really!

Cheers, Toolman

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
The muffler bearing isn't spinning fast enough. Try removing the banana from your tailpipe to improve your perfomance.

·
Enthusiast - KI6CDF
442 Posts
There musta been a typo

Joe,

I think the "il" was carelessly deleted from the original post....

Tom

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Muffler bearing issue

When dealing with a dysfuctional muffler bearing you must first assertain if the franastat adjustment is correct. This can be accomplished by applying a metric dialog to digital converting spectral meter. If the reading is in the green then you are good, if not then the widgets need to be adjusted, first the left forward one then the right lateral one and so on... You will need a specialized spanner for this operation. If you can't get it from your local BMW dealer then go to hardtoimaginethesetoolseverexisted.com and search for widget spanner/metric. Once the franastat is correct then it is a simple process adjusting the muffler bearing. This should be a straight forward job from here and once completed you should experience no more zizzing and dripping. Good luck. I will ask the moderators to include this in the Hall of Inane Posts That Suck Up Band Width.

BTW, to whom it may concern the new site looks great!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Don't listen to these guys...they're just blowing smoke.

You'll find the info you need in the BWM service manual
Section 6, pg. 6-47.

Glad I could help you,

Tbird

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
You will need 2' of chow line to secure the batterys of the sound powered phones, or just take it to your BMW dealer and ask them to do the 12K service it's included for free after you pay $1000!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I don't smoke, thank you.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Well, another person who did not listen. If you had just used Amsoil Muffler Bearing Grease, it would never have worn to require adjustment!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts