BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I despise the woman "she" responded to a petition, from an advocacy group, that I signed.
Fingers crossed!

Dear Mr. xxxxx :

I received your letter expressing your concerns about the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS). Your correspondence is important to me, and I welcome this opportunity to respond.

I oppose a mandate for the use of corn ethanol. On February 26, 2015, Senator Toomey and I introduced bipartisan legislation, called the "Corn Ethanol Mandate Elimination Act of 2015" (S. 577), which would eliminate the corn ethanol mandate within the RFS. Under this mandate, roughly 40 percent of the U.S. corn crop is used to produce ethanol, increasing the cost of food and animal feed. S. 577 has been referred to the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, of which I am not a member.

However, I strongly support greater use of low carbon fuels, like biodiesel, cellulosic ethanol, hydrogen, and electricity, which are essential to reducing our nation's greenhouse gas emissions and dependence on petroleum.

Please know that I appreciate hearing your thoughts on the economic impact of corn ethanol and the RFS, and I will keep your thoughts in mind as I work to enact the "Corn Ethanol Mandate Elimination Act of 2015."

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C., office at (202) 224-3841 or visit my website at www.feinstein.senate.gov. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, feinstein.senate.gov . And please visit my YouTube , Facebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

Reactions: beech

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Wow, I would never have thought she would support the elimination of ethanol.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I would never have thought she would support the elimination of ethanol.
I was pretty shocked too!
Let's see what the outcome really is: actions speak louder than words!:nerd:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Yeah, but what is cellulosic ethanol? She supports the use of that. Could be frying pan to fire.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Yeah, but what is cellulosic ethanol? She supports the use of that. Could be frying pan to fire.
Google says it is; Cellulosic ethanol is a biofuel produced from wood, grasses, or the inedible parts of plants.

At least that stuff doesn't sound like food. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts