BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is the question. I do notice the slight hesitation when first hitting it in second gear. I'm not a power accelerator so I can live with the hesitation. I'm getting decent gas mileage and the bike runs very well.

Just wondering if the factory setup change (clipping the wire) will bring other issues?

Matilda is a 2002 LTE with under 6k on the clock.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i put a little quick-disconnect in mine so that i can reconnect it, should i find myself:

1) in a hot climate
2) with no premium gas available

those are really the only two circumstances that you'll ever want to reconnect it. i've not reconnected mine yet.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
KYchris02 said:
That is the question. I do notice the slight hesitation when first hitting it in second gear. I'm not a power accelerator so I can live with the hesitation. I'm getting decent gas mileage and the bike runs very well.

Just wondering if the factory setup change (clipping the wire) will bring other issues?

Matilda is a 2002 LTE with under 6k on the clock.
Try it. You can always splice it back, or put a connector or switch in the line for use in hot weather.

·
Premium Member
7,813 Posts
Brown wire?

Please tell me more: What does it do? What is its intended use? What happens when you cut it?

TIA.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Clipping the brown wire prevents baby LTs.

·
Registered
272 Posts
hschisler said:
Please tell me more: What does it do? What is its intended use? What happens when you cut it?

TIA.
If I remember correctly the 2005 doesn't have one...but I'm not the expert on this.

BTW: Mine is on a switch, but once cut, I have not had the need to turn the switch to the on. Works great disconnected.

Off the line is a bit better, no MPG gain, and no idling problems...So I leave it off (open).

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
hschisler said:

TIA.
It's only purpose is to select the secondary fuel injection map for correction of possible low rpm hesitation on throttle application in the 2000-3000 rpm area when the ambient air temps are above approx. 85 deg. F.

If you do not have this problem, no need to cut it.

Also just posted that the '05 up LTs may not have the brown wire. I don't have any knowledge of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts