BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recommended to Ted Porter's Beemer Shop in Scotts Valley for repairs. Any comments, particularly with regard to LT's e.g. do they have a Moditec etc.....

The comments from a RS/GT rider were most enthusiastic.

I am trying San Jose BMW for a 6k service and tire change because its urgent, but if that doesn't work out (no reason why it shouldn't though)...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Both my friend, Jim, and I had EXCELLENT service at the Beemer Shop. I HIGHLY recommend them for any or your LT needs. If you have an extended warranty, they can do the work, but of course, they're not an authorized BMW dealer.

If you go there, Adam will probably be your mechanic. Tell him that CaptJohn sent you!

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
rmg08057 said:
I was recommended to Ted Porter's Beemer Shop in Scotts Valley for repairs. Any comments, particularly with regard to LT's e.g. do they have a Moditec etc.....

The comments from a RS/GT rider were most enthusiastic.

I am trying San Jose BMW for a 6k service and tire change because its urgent, but if that doesn't work out (no reason why it shouldn't though)...
I use San Jose BMW exclusively and they've always taken good care of me, so you're making a good choice there IMHO. I know Ted as well; he used to be the service manager at SJ BMW, where he came to from Bob's BMW back east. I think he did a stint at Santa Cruz BMW as well in that role. Ted's a good guy and very knowledgable. I don't know if he has a Moditec or GT1 to do the full diagnostics required for the bikes, though. Just call his shop and ask him, I'm sure he would be happy to answer any of your questions.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I knew Ted Porter from when I was living in MD and he was the service manager at Bob's BMW in Jessup, MD. Great guy - great BMW mechanic. He'd balance the carbs by ear (by chin ??) on my 1969 R60US and the bike would SING! Interesting technique - he'd rest his chin on the gas tank and adjust the carbs for minimum chin-sensed gas tank vibration! As someone else suggested, call him and ask if he can do what you need.

- Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts