BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the 665 today. I think I will really like it. The Base Camp program looks real intimidating to me right now. I want to be able to create routes and utilize BC for all it can do but right now I know nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
That was fast.

You'll be up to speed on this thing in no time; when you figure it out, let me know. I just started using its route capability myself.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
A fellow LTer tiped me to being able to down load maps from Mapquest.

If I remember correctly the routes are stored in the data file.

The blue tooth volume from the Garmin is louder that that of my ASUS 7 tablet that I wanted to use as my MP3 player.

I tried out the traffic and weather alert extras, neither of which provided information I could use.

Best from tucson
Bob

·
Registered
453 Posts
Congratulations.

Regarding Basecamp, it will be a lot of blood, sweat, and a significant amount of tears! However the best way, is to read up on how to use it - plenty of suggestions, links and advice here, then using the thing and keep using it. Will you make mistakes? Certainly, but it is part of the learning curve.

It is very powerful, but its learning curve is very steep.

Best regards
Sleuth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.