BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this 2005 LT basket case on 5/15/2010 for $350. The bike has only 2073 miles on it. The guy I bought it from was going to rebuild it but let it set for 5 years. After talking to him and listening to his wife chew on him it was apparent to me he couldn't fix a sandwinch, must less this LT (bless his heart).
I would like to thank all of you for your suppport and help, from jumpering the alarm to finding a new fuel pump,,,thanks.
I hope the pics open (this is my frist time). I'm waiting on Travis to finish painting a few parts for me and I will be done. We went with the "White Chocolate" for the paint color, a very light pearl that Ford uses on the Lincolns.Looks great in the sunlight.
The total for this project is $3406
Runs great ,,,rides great,,,,love it
Again thanks for all your help.

KC

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Wow, congratulations to ya! The white looks fantastic. Now, get 'er finished and start riding!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good job KC, quite a project. Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Thief! I'd pay that just to have an engine to take apart! Enjoy and it looks great in your color scheme.

Loren

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,169 Posts
Nice job, and nice white (like an RT).
Enjoy!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, hate to tell you, but you really messed it up, better let me take off your hands for $500. Hate to see you get burned. Sure is purty. Chuck.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Lol :histerica I can't believe how much ya got her for
Deal of the century
Best to you and that white poPs really well

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Had to come back for a second look at the pics. Like it even more the second time. What color do you plan for the lowers. Going to stick with BMW silvery shiny or something different?

How much time do you estimate you have into paint prep?

If you want to get the utmost respect while on the road I would slap on a few really bright blinking blue lights visible from the front. This would be the ideal color scheme and lighting combo for getting through rush hour traffic.

Loren

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Very, very nice. Great job... and I love the color. :clapping:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
What made it a basket case, besides being in a basket? I really like the color.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The whole story is...... this guy in Shawnee KS bought it off e bay for $5,500 in July of 05, and then paid $375 to air freight it from Ohio to Kansas City air port. He took it all a part,,,,,,I mean all apart, he took things apart that didn't need to be taken apart. The bike hit something ( a car turning left in front of him) He installed new forks and A arm, and that was it.....lost interest I guess. He puts it on Craigslist ...no price. I talked to him while his wife is yelling at him ,,saying how stoopid he is and so on. He wanted a $1000 for the all of it. I said get the key and lets hook jumper cables and turn the engine over. He says "I aint got no key". I told him the engine could be locked up. Then he said ...over the wife yelling at him,,, give me $350 and you can have it all.... get it out of here. Deal...

The question about the lower fairing, I am color matching the lower fairings to the dash color....
As soon as the sun comes out in KC and the rest of the plastic is on I shoot one more pic. Thanks again for all of the help.

KC

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Looks awesome, along with a great story! Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
426 Posts
KCline10, I think I hate you. I paid 22.500 for mine back in 2003, just kidding. What a great color and not mention all your hard work, good luck with the rest of install and hope you enjoy those many wonderful miles to come.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts