BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It ain't enough to have drunks and idiots drivers to dodge on the road; with 25 states with legalization of pot on ballots, we ll soon be facing the mother of all road A-wholes on the road: The irresponsible driving teen texting while high on pot.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
It ain't enough to have drunks and idiots drivers to dodge on the road; with 25 states with legalization of pot on ballots, we ll soon be facing the mother of all road A-wholes on the road: The irresponsible driving teen texting while high on pot.
Do not know where to begin. Two VERY different things you mention.

Texting is as, or more dangerous then drunk driving, or driving blindfolded.

Smoking pot is way less debilitation then drinking booze.

Your statement is not born out where legalization has taken place.

Me I would ride anywhere with someone who smoked a joint. Would not go down the driveway with someone who is drunk.

Not the place for this debate but I fear far worse things on the road then a person who has smoked a joint.

And for the most part it is for 21 or over so your scenario while it will happen as it does with booze, is not the everyday thing you will face.

And you are facing those things now even though it is illegal.

Again not the place on this Forum to debate this.

·
Registered
530 Posts
During the morning distracted or just not awake drivers are the worst. As a rider who rides a highly visible bike that most drivers will not pass even when I am not in uniform I constantly see brain dead people blow by me at 20 and 30 miles over the speed limit. Later in the day you get the drunks. Most pot heads are fairly mellow but have slow reactions.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Do not know where to begin. Two VERY different things you mention.

Texting is as, or more dangerous then drunk driving, or driving blindfolded.

Smoking pot is way less debilitation then drinking booze.

Your statement is not born out where legalization has taken place.

Me I would ride anywhere with someone who smoked a joint. Would not go down the driveway with someone who is drunk.

Not the place for this debate but I fear far worse things on the road then a person who has smoked a joint.

And for the most part it is for 21 or over so your scenario while it will happen as it does with booze, is not the everyday thing you will face.

And you are facing those things now even though it is illegal.

Again not the place on this Forum to debate this.
Absolutely--all of it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts