BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I purchased 2019 BMW R1250RT motorcycles when they were first released. While we love the bikes, we never liked the color choices of that year. We picked Black Carbon but we always planned to paint or wrap the bikes eventually. Well, this weekend we finally wrapped the bikes in red and blue. This is the first time we ever attempted wrapping a vehicle using vinyl wrap. We are happy with the results.

IMG_3615.jpeg
IMG_4771.jpeg
IMG_3623.jpeg
IMG_4763.jpeg
IMG_4769.jpeg
IMG_3617.jpeg
IMG_3624.jpeg
IMG_4774.jpeg
IMG_4779.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
'18 R1200RT, '18 Abarth 124 Spider, '87 VFR 400R & an everyday sedan.
191 Posts
Absolutely. That's a lot of work. Nice.

·
Registered
2003 BMW K1200 LT (88K on 2020/08/13)
135 Posts
Love em both, but the matte blue takes the prize.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice job(s) - I'm struggling to get the lid of my carbon black top case painted in racing blue metallic. The dealer suggested I try a local vehicle wrapping company, but they just said "we don't touch motorcycles, too many curves and angles". I suspect they could do it but for what they could charge it wouldn't be worth their time.

·
Premium Member
2020 R1250RT Alpine White
135 Posts
@Robert Walker Beautiful work! Having now done it, how would you rate the effort and was it easy to remove/reapply for mistakes? (Just trying to get familiar with the process and whether it's reasonable to try for the first time on a bike?)

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Love that Blue.

Super nice job!

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Nice job! I go with Ponch. Red looks nice, but just so-so for the blue, even if I am a real sucker for blue! Both jobs are great though, and very well done!

Reactions: MBevans

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Wow - nice work! Looks pro-fesh-a-nul!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice! The bikes look great! Now we don't have to put up with BMW's dopey color choices 😁

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Very well done.
Hmm. Maybe you and your brother have a future in "wrapping" bikes....☺$$☺

·
Registered
172 Posts
@Robert Walker Beautiful work! Having now done it, how would you rate the effort and was it easy to remove/reapply for mistakes? (Just trying to get familiar with the process and whether it's reasonable to try for the first time on a bike?)

Larry
These bikes look great. I have been contemplating this as well. Do you know about how many hours it took and the total cost? Where did you get the vinyl wrap? Did you remove all the panels and apply the vinyl on a work bench or were you able to leave some of the panels on the bike? Nice work.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Stunning! Simply amazing work, especially for a first try.

·
Premium Member
7,854 Posts
Following. Looking forward to the answers to the above questions. I have a black GTL and would like to have a different color. I'm tired of black!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts