BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hilfe meine BMW K1200LT brennt ab"

Sad to see the big girl go up in flames! It appears the German owner is more interested in filming it burn then trying to put the flames out! So sad!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Agreed, it's a shame to watch it burn. However, unless you happen to be carrying a fire extinguisher I'm not sure how anyone could attempt to put out that fire.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Been there! Had a fuel line blow on the '88 K100RT accelerating up the on ramp, felt fuel on my leg. Pulled over and as I put it on the side stand to get off, fuel hit the hot exhaust pipe and caught fire. Luckily, a passing auto had a fire extinguisher and he got it out pretty quickly, Melted the side panel and the wiring harness. I put it back together, sold it, and bought a '02 K1200LT.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Wow. That thing is toast. A total loss. Sad.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Probably caused by those sorry plastic fuel disconnects

·
Registered
6 Posts
2003 BMW K1200LTC Touring Motorcycle, went up in massive flames and a subsequent explosion, while parked and engine running / idling for approximately 3 minutes. Fire Dept. arrived 10 minutes later, and battelled the flamed for 7 more minutes to extinguish it. Luckily NO personal injury, but some property damage as a result. Initial White Smoke, and Flames observed at the Fuel-Rail above the Engine front, left hand side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts