BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and a first time poster. I want to say thanks to everyone on this site.

I purchased a 2003 LT with 40k on it a couple of months ago and have been using it as my daily commute ever since. Yesterday I walked in my office after my normal 35 mile commute to beautiful San Luis Obispo and my right leg and boot was covered in fuel. After doing a quick search and checking the bike, I was sure it was a QD problem. Instead of calling the wife and trailering the bike back home, I went the the local parts store and installed a 5/16 coupler right there in the parking lot after work. I have a local mechanic and he wanted 450.00 for the repair. Again, thanks goes to everyone on the site, I would have been stranded or broke if it werent for you. It is good to know there are good people who are willing to help. I look forward to many years of good riding and meeting you all.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
MSal4090 said:
I am a new member and a first time poster. I want to say thanks to everyone on this site.

I have a local mechanic and he wanted 450.00 for the repair. Again, thanks goes to everyone on the site, I would have been stranded or broke if it werent for you. It is good to know there are good people who are willing to help.
That's exactly why I made my membership donation and will continue to until these old bones can't ride no mo'. I'd never have made the mods or maintenance changes myself if I didn't feel so "schooled" by the contributors to this forum. I strive to be a better contributor because of those that have contributed before me.

Jer

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
jers99lt said:
That's exactly why I made my membership donation and will continue to until these old bones can't ride no mo'. I'd never have made the mods or maintenance changes myself if I didn't feel so "schooled" by the contributors to this forum. I strive to be a better contributor because of those that have contributed before me.

Jer

AMEN!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts