BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking on this forum for about a year now (since my wife bought me a 2001 k12). I really have to thank those of you who take the time to explain how to do just about everything that needs done on these great bikes. I also have the clymer manual and Paul Sayegh's videos, but nothing helps me as much as step by step instructions in plain english. I received my new Ohlins on Friday, studied some of these threads Saturday morning, and had them on Saturday early afternoon. I also just for kicks changed the fuel and air filters. I couldn't have done it without you guys...Thanks again...Tom

·
Registered
399 Posts
Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Shock Replacement tips???

Tom Timberbeast, (sounds good eh!)

Do you care to share any tips/tricks that you discovered while replacing the shocks and filters. As it happens, I have those exact items on my to do list soon. I have an 02, with 32,xxx miles on it, and have replacement Works shocks to mount up before the weather taunts me to ride.
TIA
Grant

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops didn't see that you asked about the filters. The air filter box is right under the tank. Pretty self explanatory. The fuel filter is located inside the tank along with the pump. I'm sure if you run a search on here you can find someone to explain the fuel filter swap better than I can. Good luck and if you get baffled, there are always some smart guys on here who can and will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts