BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today I do a valve check and oil change on an LT for a co-worker who lives a block away. Afterwards I hop on my LT to get a new cobalt drill bit at the hardware store for another project. I notice the speedometer is intermittent and the cruise control won't hold constant, it keeps shutting down. No problem. I know to splice the speedometer input wire where it has rubbed through on the crimp fitting at the top of the rear brake line. No trip to the dealer. No trouble-shooting. Right to the problem. Thanks to everyone for sharing their wisdom here in the past.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
+1
I had the same experience. My speedometer became flakey and the cruise wouldn't stay on.
I know immediately, thanks to this board, what to go look for.
The fix took me about 10 minutes. Without the knowledge gained from this board it would have taken days, weeks.... who knows? And it would have been very frustrating not knowing the cause.
As it was, as soon as the problem occured, I had a pretty good idea what it was. Thinking: "I remember a post about this...."
Searched the post, went right to the problem.

Lots of good good citizens on this board. Trying to be one too. (in spite of my general nature. :histerica )

deanwoolsey said:
So today I do a valve check and oil change on an LT for a co-worker who lives a block away. Afterwards I hop on my LT to get a new cobalt drill bit at the hardware store for another project. I notice the speedometer is intermittent and the cruise control won't hold constant, it keeps shutting down. No problem. I know to splice the speedometer input wire where it has rubbed through on the crimp fitting at the top of the rear brake line. No trip to the dealer. No trouble-shooting. Right to the problem. Thanks to everyone for sharing their wisdom here in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts