BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 06 LT in November with 9k miles. In the last 5 months I have been using this site to fully understand and prepare for doing the 12k maintenance myself and thanks to the collective knowledge found in these forums I have successfully completed the work with my 100 mile breakfast run this morning, giving the bike a good checkout.

From info on the is site, purchased a bike lift from Harbor Freight, found the places to order all of my parts, excellant hints and tips and performed the following items

oil and filter change, transmission oil change, final drive oil change, coolant change, fuel filter change, replaced plastic fuel discconnects with metal ones, air filter change, checked valve clearance, replaced rear brake pads with EBC pads(old ones squealing), replaced control and wheel circuit brake fluid by feed/bleed after installing speed bleeders on calipers, replaced clutch fluid by feed and bleed after replacing clutch grub screw assembly with a speed bleeder and last but not least a new farkle - some jpegs.

Thanks to all for the valuable info

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Good'n on ya, Bill. Glad you got-r-done. Next time we have a tech session somewheres in South Central Tejas, I'll betcha there will be someone who would benefit from your experience. BTW - all the valves were in spec, right? Now you have a baseline for future checks.

Enjoy the jpegs - a great farkle for long runs.

Ride safe, Bill.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts