BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just thought I would let you know thier is a nother option for you if you do not want to do it your self and you do not trust the dealer
I pretty much did every thing my self to this point I changed brake lines,fuel and air filter change ,flush brake,anti freeze and changed cow bell rotor change ,shocks,and even took final drive off and sent it to Dave (saddleman)to have it gone thorugh
For me to do the clutch and maybe not doing it right and take up to 3 to 4 weeks of my great summer riding time up I got Kirk to do mine
He changed all the seals input,output tranny,slave,even that stupid o-ring that was pretty much disintegrated Put in new basic clutch plate from BB did not have to change the diaphragm spring or presue plate and guess what I even had some clutch plate left after 90,000 so was doing something right if it just was not for that dollar plus change o-ring that thorugh oil on it
Any way thanks Kirk

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I just thought I would let you know thier is a nother option for you if you do not want to do it your self and you do not trust the dealer
I pretty much did every thing my self to this point I changed brake lines,fuel and air filter change ,flush brake,anti freeze and changed cow bell rotor change ,shocks,and even took final drive off and sent it to Dave (saddleman)to have it gone thorugh
For me to do the clutch and maybe not doing it right and take up to 3 to 4 weeks of my great summer riding time up I got Kirk to do mine
He changed all the seals input,output tranny,slave,even that stupid o-ring that was pretty much disintegrated Put in new basic clutch plate from BB did not have to change the diaphragm spring or presue plate and guess what I even had some clutch plate left after 90,000 so was doing something right if it just was not for that dollar plus change o-ring that thorugh oil on it
Any way thanks Kirk
Good deal. Now I don't have to clean up my garage ;)

Ride on!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal. Now I don't have to clean up my garage ;)

Ride on!!!!
Hi Gordon This worked out good for me did not tie my bike up more then just a few days When I can only ride from June to November I just did not want to get the bike tied up for a few weeks
Thanks any way maybe we will meet at the Ironhorse this fall:wink:

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Hi Gordon This worked out good for me did not tie my bike up more then just a few days When I can only ride from June to November I just did not want to get the bike tied up for a few weeks
Thanks any way maybe we will meet at the Ironhorse this fall:wink:
I already have my reservations so if you manage to make it, I will certainly find you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts