BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed weep hole drilling procedure & clutch slave cylinder renewal procedure. Watched the weep hole drilling video made by John & Dan and read the PDF-instructions made by Kevin Cook(?). After those it was (almost) peace of cake! Humble thanks to you guys for taking the trouble of making those. Really valuable contribution to fellow riders!
The only long moments were when I tried to understand how to remove the drive shaft. I had to read the instruction few times over and over until the solution revealed itself... (of course - stupid me )... Another moment helping me to remember a bunch of old four letter words and to invent few new ones was when me working alone installed the rear drive :mad: One kind of runs out of hands trying to align the rear drive to drive shaft and at the same time trying to hold the drive and get those bearing studs in place. I understood the value of "special rear drive hanging tool made by John". Have to make similar for future use. Thank you for that idea too :wave
BTW The slave cylinder was toast. Spoonful of break fluid came out with the slave cylinder. The bearing was though fine! And the clutch has not shown any signs of slipping so far. I just wanted to check as clutch started to act weirdly and did not work as it has. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed the brake fluid did not get to clutch to contaminate it. Testing that tomorrow...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,534 Posts
Glad you liked the video. It was a first for me and Dan had just bought the camera. A little late now but if you had pulled the release rod out and it was dry that would confirm no fluid made it to the clutch. Sounds like you caught it in time.

Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts