BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I want to thank Wilma and Barnett, Bill and my wife AMy for a great afternoon of riding. This was a first for us as we have never ridden with a group prior to this ride. We left the DD on Rte 17 at about 310PM and headed east towards Rt 9 passing several other riders out enjoying a wonderful day made for riding. We jumped on RT 9 south and headed to Aircraft Rd where we got off Rt 9 and headed south on Rt 154. We crossed over the CT river at the Goodspeed Opera House. We turned left on Rt 82 and took a break behind the Gelston House where the attached picture was taken. After some chatting we got back on our rides and headed back up Rt 82 to Mt Parnassus Rd. This was a great road canopied with fall colors. We turned right onto Hopyard Rd. We then stopped at Devils Hop Yard and chatted some more. It was a great ride and hope we will ride again. We plan on heading to Pomfret next sunday for the Yankee Beemer Meeting. If you are going maybe we could meet up someplace and ride together. Amy and I had a great day and Hope you all did too.

Jim and Amy

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Lzyellodog said:
... We then stopped at Devils Hop Yard and chatted some more... Jim and Amy
Ah, yes - Devil's Hop Yard. Neat place. In the 1970s, there was a fellow in New London, CT who bought the first R90S from Ralph Strong Motorcycles in Waterford, CT. He was a crazy guy - rode the R90S all over NY and New England, putting in quotes for bridge sand blasting/painting for the company he owned. He had a local painter do a custom, X-rated paint job on the R90S. Painted all over the bike was a bunch of devils and naked angels, and "the devils wuz doin' it to the angels". Called the paint job "The Devil's Harpyard". Little old ladies were shocked when they realized what the paint job depicted. He just chuckled.

- Bob

·
Registered
805 Posts
Great ride, great day, great people, great bikes - what could be better?

But I can't open the picture - any tips?

·
Registered
635 Posts
We're really having some great weather hear in the northeast. I took the day off yesterday packed the LT with my fishing gear and headed to my favorite trout stream with my buddy........it was a great day. The 10 day forecast looks pretty good, I hope all of you get a chance to get some ridding in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts