BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got back from a ride to Dallas (from Caldwell Id.) round trip of 3384 miles, 3 days down, 8 days there, and 3 days back. Low temp of 34, high temp of 104, rain, snow, hail, sleet, wind, the worst part was dropping my bike at a rest area in NM. You all know the story but not the details, stopped at a stop sign at the bottom of a access road. Looked left, looked right, started to roll to the left, looked right again here comes a car very fast around a curve (short sight distance) was trooper with lights on the grill flashing, no siren. In the span of about a second I went from ridding my LT to standing next to my LT looking at her laying on her side going "WTF".My thanks to you guys for having shown how to pick up this big bitch. When she gets lazy and wants to lay down there's no stopping her, but with the information gleaned from this forum it took two tries but I got her back up. Only one thing I missed or no one spoke of was the fun of getting to stand there one foot balancing ( you sure don't want to go to far the other way) the big bitch while your other foots feels around like a blind guy in a whore house trying to find (the right spot) the kick stand so you can lower her down. No damage (other than my ego) to speak of, a rub on the front wing and a scratch on the back chrome, so thank you guys for sharing your experience and knowledge. (BTW I am a paid member ) Was a good trip part of me (not my butt) didn't want the trip to end part was glad to be home( my butt).Any way happy ridding. Ron

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
So Ron, are we gonna see you at the Boise CCR this year? It's quite a trip from Caldwell to the big city!!! After the trip you described above you might need to stop and take a rest in Nampa. I've spent a fair amount of time in Caldwell in years past as one of my largest customers was located there.

Sounds like you had a great ride even with the little drop incident.

Take care,

Loren

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Ron, most of us here have stood there & done that in one form or another. I laid mine over 3 times in the first six months that I had it. Then I went for over 2 1/2 years with no incident. Then lo & behold about two weeks ago, I had stopped at a stop sign. Everything clear. Start to roll out and this kid comes barreling out of a parking lot right in front of me. I grab the front brake, wheel turned slightly to the left, bike stalled & takes a nap to the right. But I got lucky from there on out. Some stocky young buck saw it happen and stops his truck, jumps out and says you need some help. :) I swear I was helping, but it sure came up fast. He even held it until I got my leg thrown back over. Nice young chap. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Loren I'm interested in the CCR but I'm not sure I can make it yet, the trip to Texas was for family reason (twin sisters health) so my next few months are up in the air, work also plays apart as I may use up a lot of vacation time for my sister. I would enjoy meeting some of the member so I will try to make it to some of the events or a ride or two. Who was your business with in Caldwell? I work for West Valley Med Center. Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts