BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

181 - 200 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
BTW the radio was excellent from my phone, if anything a bit too loud, when I reduce the volume the directions volume reduced as well.
It’s possible that radio and navigation volume can be adjusted separately. Try changing the volume when the Nav instructions are coming through, and then see if that affected the radio volume.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It’s possible that radio and navigation volume can be adjusted separately. Try changing the volume when the Nav instructions are coming through, and then see if that affected the radio volume.
Speaking from an iPhone & Sena SRL2 set up : already tried that and it doesn’t work. As you only pair the headset to the bike once as a mobile phone headset, you can’t make a separate GPS pairing. Therefore the headset does not know that its a separate GPS spoken instruction and adjusting the volume at that point on the headset when you hear spoken instruction just turns both media and spoken instruction up/down. I think the bike combines the media input from the phone and the GPS spoken instruction into one (probably A2DP) channel. There is a volume control for spoken instruction in the navigation settings on the app but even at full volume, its quiet compared to the media volume level. And of course, if you turn the media down on your phone, you’re turning your whole phone down which includes the navigation spoken instructions. I have reported this issue to the connected app fault report.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my 2021 RT. I have a question in regard to the fan in the phone compartment. I live in Florida where heat, of course, is a concern. Can you keep the phone in the compartment when you stop and turn off the bike for awhile? I don’t believe the fan operates when the ignition is turned off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got my 2021 RT. I have a question in regard to the fan in the phone compartment. I live in Florida where heat, of course, is a concern. Can you keep the phone in the compartment when you stop and turn off the bike for awhile? I don’t believe the fan operates when the ignition is turned off.
The fan seems to stay on for about 30 seconds after you have switched the ignition off.
Personally, in that heat, I wouldn’t leave my phone in a black compartment, I think it is likely to cook it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Slightly different note, when you put the 2021 RT on the centre stand, there is little to no clearance on the back wheel from the ground gas anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got back from some break in rides and I must say this is the best RT, by far, that I have ever owned (had 2004 & 2012 RT’s) The bike is stable at slow speeds and has a luxurious ride. Quick to turn in, it corners very well. I got back into motorcycling last year with a sport motor scooter, a 2020 Yamaha XMAX 300. Nice scooter, but tended to have a harsh ride (I kept comparing it to my RT’s!) so I put new shocks on. That helped somewhat but I am so pleased I went for another RT. I must say, getting back into clutching with the left hand and using the throttle and brake with the right, I was getting really tired and sore on these 200 mile a day break in rides (3 days and I get my 600 service) Anyway, today I decided to use the gear assist more and I really like it and it gave my clutch hand a break. But the best feature on this bike is the Cruise Control with ACC. My throttle was causing me some pain so I set the cruise control for 55 mph while following a car. I set the ACC for the max distance behind the car and sat back on this twisty, hilly country road and did nothing but steer for miles. The cruise control slowed the bike up when the car in front of me slowed down so I never had to brake or shift. My hands were free. What a relaxing feature that is. I never thought I would use the cruise control with the ACC, but the way it works is spectacular. I love it! I will use it often on country roads as much as will on highways.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Slightly different note, when you put the 2021 RT on the centre stand, there is little to no clearance on the back wheel from the ground gas anyone else noticed this?
I hadn't noticed a problem. I just checked and there is probably an inch clearance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks, been looking a photos of other RTs and they also have virtually no clearance obviously de bends on how level the surface is
I only tend to use the centre stand in my garage which is flat, so that's probably why I haven't seen a problem.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Its the easiest bike I have had to put on the centre stand. I had 3 K16's and putting them in the centre stand was always a full scale work out. On the last one I ended up putting a plank under the rear wheel to help a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its the easiest bike I have had to put on the centre stand. I had 3 K16's and putting them in the centre stand was always a full scale work out. On the last one I ended up putting a plank under the rear wheel to help a bit.
David
yes I find it very easy to put on the stand, after 4 K 1600’s anything would be easier. It was more the clearance under the wheels once on the stand I was asking, it’s minimal on mine and in some (what appear to be level but obviously not) surfaces there is no clearance at all with both wheels slightly touching. Looking at library photos of other 2021 1250s they seem to be similar. To remove wheels you would certainly need a piece of wood under the stand

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 · (Edited)
David
yes I find it very easy to put on the stand, after 4 K 1600’s anything would be easier. It was more the clearance under the wheels once on the stand I was asking, it’s minimal on mine and in some (what appear to be level but obviously not) surfaces there is no clearance at all with both wheels slightly touching. Looking at library photos of other 2021 1250s they seem to be similar. To remove wheels you would certainly need a piece of wood under the stand
This is mine, looks OK to me.
OK to me.

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
483 Posts
You put the top case and the bike will tilt back a bit more. That's what I usually do when I need to remove the front tire for replacement. Some extra weight on the back to ensure things stay put.

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
483 Posts
I didn't read all ten pages, Is there a gps prep so you can use a nav vi?
Not on the 2021. They've removed that upper area on the pre-update model to give the rider a better view. About your only hope would be to find a mount like the GS has, and mount that to the handle bars.
But you could easily buy an old phone to run the BMW app on it. And just use that as the Navigation device.

181 - 200 of 264 Posts