BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a ride they recommend that takes in Yellowstone and the redwood forest?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
So many good routes. A long time ago, I did Dallas, thru northern NM , up thru western side of CO, thru Utah to Redmond, then went to coast hwy and down to CA and went into Redwoods from north side.. I attempted trip to Yellowstone one other time, but as i approached park from SE side, got turned back due to snow on mountain approach in middle of July !!

Seems like a western departure out of Yellowstone area, would provide many good routes over to Redmond area..and on to coast hwy. if you have not done the coast hwy, well worth the trip. Just prepare for cool, foggy riding that is not predictable...

If summer trip, don't plan return thru desert areas, unless you plan to ride early mornings, stopping early in day to escape heat !

My return thru Bakersfield was not memorable, to say the least !

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does anyone have a ride they recommend that takes in Yellowstone and the redwood forest?
I rode from Fort Worth to Santa Fe,NM. Then up 285 to 24 then picked up 91 at Leadville, CO. I then took 70 over to Empire and took 40 to Granby, CO. Just North of Granby I took 125 to Walden, CO. Stay at Antlers Inn, good price, great rooms and reasonable restaurant. That ride was absolutely amazing and I plan to do another very similar soon. From there you have several options to get to Yellowstone. 125 turns into 230 at the WY border. Then it’s simply pick some back roads and keep heading NE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts