BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My home made shelf

I was fortunate enough to acquire a dash light GPS mount from another member and got that installed and then modified my home made shelf to move my V1 over and make a shelf for a the XM sat puck when my 665 comes in.

I wanted to share as this was a simple mod and for the most part only cost a few dollars.

I am going swap the position of the location of the XM puck and the V1 later.

Also after I took the pictures, I put some black car door trim around the edges of the shelf to dress it up.

I have had the initial "bar" on the LT for a few years now and decided to add the "large shelf" once I got the dash light GPS mount installed.

I also have a home made sun screen for the GPS that will go on once the 665 get installed with it's XM puck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Paul,

I had that same dash light mount on my 02 and it seemed to be the best location for the GPS. Too bad they stopped making it. It was easy to install and out of the way. The glare was less there than what I get from the built in on my K1600.

I like the idea of the 665 too. You'll be able to avoid the numerous thunderstorms that we get around here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts