1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Just added hack to resize attachments and avitars as they are uploaded to a reasonable size (avitars: 100x100) and (attached images: 620x620).

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
very kewlo guys. :D

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a nice feature. I like that it creates a thumbnail and then you can choose to view the image. Is it hard coded to 620x620 for attached images or can that be adjusted to allow the image to be larger?

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
It is like "The Outer Limits"

We control the vertical

We control the horizontal :)

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trying another image

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I get it

THe auto-thumbnailing works for attached images only. If I embed the image using the "insert image" from the message editing dialog it gives the whole thing.

Attachments

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
The current settings for image sizes are 620x620. The admin control panel allows you to change it to whatever you like.

Feel free to suggest an appropriate size.

The next hack I will implement will automatically resize inline images

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about setting the bounds at 800x800, which is probably the minimum screen width anyone would be running. IIRC the unwritten rule on .net is no wider than 1k.

I attached a couple of images that are 1k wide just to look at the 700 size again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm, looks like it took them at full 1024 width. The height was less than 700 on both; does the hack check height first, or did you change it?

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
There is not height/width setting for jpegs. I turned that off for attachments. However, I have implemented the maxwidth settings for inline images. Once they load, they will be resized properly. It's the inline images that are the big issue.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahh I got it now. Another test...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts