BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, I am in the final process of a radio replacement upgrade and I noticed this funny looking thing hanging down (un-attached) next to the left side marker light bulb.

I suppose it became exposed when i took off the side panels.

Looking through the manual I figured out it was the temp sensor. The only guidance in the book was to re-install it in it's original position. OK then, all I need to know is WHERE IS/WAS THE ORIGINAL POSITION!!! Another spot on in the book says it attaches to the tupperware that encases the head light. Maybe just underneath the headlight somewhere.

Please help as this is really worrying the crap out of me.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Keithkmb said:
Morning all, I am in the final process of a radio replacement upgrade and I noticed this funny looking thing hanging down (un-attached) next to the left side marker light bulb.

Looking through the manual I figured out it was the temp sensor. The only guidance in the book was to re-install it in it's original position. OK then, all I need to know is WHERE IS/WAS THE ORIGINAL POSITION!!! Another spot on in the book says it attaches to the tupperware that encases the head light. Maybe just underneath the headlight somewhere.

This post might help you, I hope.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Keithkmb said:

Can you take a picture and share what it is you found?

Is it a pointy looking kinda like this?

If so there is a mounting hole that it has to slide into.

IIRC when I had to reinstall mine it was a real bear to get into the mounting bracket...

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Keith, if you have the OEM shop manual, take a look in section 65. At least the picture they show on page 65.7 is where the temp sensor is on ole Toad, a '99. Dunno for sure on your '06 model year.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
My recent memory is that I attached mine with one of the screws under the left turn signal lens. There are two body panel screws under the lens towards the front of the bike. The one that goes straight towards the headlight has a bracket behind it and I positioned it between the bracket and the body panel.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,246 Posts
The bracket is part of the high beam assy. It is just out board of the socket for the left side parking light, right behind the turn signal mount.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts