BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the revised site went into full effect we were discussing the possibility of having another tech session (sans falling ladders of course)

Clayton from Seattle is needing to explore some service as well as his friend. I'm going to do a brake bleed and coolant change. Anyone want to join in?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes

Ernie ,

Count me in, just need to know when and where since I haven't
been down to your place. Can you send your number for a call
if ya don't mind.

Best regards
Clayton

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tech Session Date Set

Clayton is riding down this coming Saturday morning (09:00). He is going to do his own Level 2 service with the aid of my Lift (and other help too as needed). Anyone wanting to see under the "hood" is welcome. Drop me a PM for directions. If time is on our side I want to change out the coolant and brake fluid on my LT.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Miss Manners

Golly-
If my Honda trail 110 would make it I would certainly be there. Since that is the only horse in the stable right now I had best decline, since I couldn't carry enough bail money in my shoe.~;-)
I sure like that you guys are doing a local tech session. One of these days I promise I will show up.
Coni Fitch

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
Coni,

You could always bring the Isetta. :)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always Welcome

black1200lt said:
Golly-
If my Honda trail 110 would make it I would certainly be there. Since that is the only horse in the stable right now I had best decline, since I couldn't carry enough bail money in my shoe.~;-)
I sure like that you guys are doing a local tech session. One of these days I promise I will show up.
Coni Fitch
Coni,

It would be appropriate to bring a Honda into the mix. I seem to attract them every where I ride.

I'm curious about Ali. Where is she and how soon do you expect to get her on the road again? And one other thing: Did I miss one of your well done riding chronicles? I would like to hear of your Iron Butt experience? Even if it didn't go as you had anticipated it must have been an experience worth putting into the record books. We can all learn from the pioneers in the LD adventures. If I missed something more than the posts during the event I'm sorry and would appreciate a link.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Service Requirements

Clayton,

For your service bring the following:

Gear Lube for your transmission and rear drive.
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Oil and Filter (if you decide you want it changed early)
Valve cover gasket if you want the to check your valve clearances

I have everything else you will need and we can then ride to dinner afterwards. I'm thinking Azteca in Kelso on your way home as a good shakedown stop.

I'll PM you a map and directions. Although the garage is small it can handle a few on lookers and another bike or two since I'll run my two outside while we uncover your bike's vitals. Call me if you have any questions. Otherwise, I'll see you at 09:00 Saturday.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't have anything that "needs" to be done but maybe I'll come over, hang out, help where I can, and get some dinner later.

I still have directions to your place. I could bring John on the back...

But wait, maybe he will have his bike back and we can come over following Betty.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You asked:
:D I'm curious about Ali. Where is she and how soon do you expect to get her on the road again?

Well, Ali is still "vacationing" at the Sierra BMW SPA in Reno. He still thinks that he was in a fight. (Silly boy, he tripped on his way in the ring!)

You know these fighters, he continues to mumble: "I Could've Been a Contender" yet he is trying to make of most of a bad thing.

We have sent in the psychologist and physical therapist in to visit him. Still, he refused to budge till a new "component" arrives. Something about a german "component" I think her name is "Tranny". To my knowlege she has not yet arrived. We are just hoping and praying she does not stand him up.

I'll let you know when things change.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Well Art, if I have Katie back by then I know "Betty" can get us there! Might be the scenic route, but we'll make it!

John

·
Registered
426 Posts
Saturday

Ernie ,
Thanks for the list, your idea for dinner and shake down sounds like a plan.
Can't wait to jump in , I'm looking forward to meeting others and yourself down in your area.

Could you please send address info so I can plan a route and get motel reservations today ?

Thanks , Clayton

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Email Address?

Clayton,

Can you provide me with an email address? Mine is: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the update. When you get him back he surely will be better than before. Let us know when you are ready for breaking in the new engine.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
On the Road Again!

Well gang, picked up the Bike today. Seems fine, time will tell. Anyway, figure I will probably tag along with Art Saturday to the "Famous Tech Session at Ernie's"!

Art, I'll tell "Betty" to take us there if you'll ride trail and let me know if "Katie" decides to start dumping Rear Drive Oil again!

Ernie, what should we bring that might help out? Anything?

John

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AlaskaFish said:
Ernie, what should we bring that might help out? Anything?
John
How about your foot pound torque wrench for the trans plug and whatever else is big and nasty to tighten. I got a new inch/Nm wrench. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. 09:00 and bring some sunlight too.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I was really hoping to make it to the tech session, But I have a funeral and wedding to go to on saturday. I guess I'll have to wait until the next one.

·
Registered
474 Posts
OOOH! I've got a new torque wrench as well. I'll have to try and come up with something to fix/break/tweak while there. I don't have mirror tethers yet. Guess we could do something with that.

Anything else needed? I know that Ernie has a well stocked shop.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Darn!

Ernie,

The session sounds like something I would really enjoy. Unfortunately, we are in the middle for a complete kitchen remodel. I haven't quite finished all of the rewiring, structural changes and final tare-out. The drywall crew is coming in first thing next week. Boy would I rather be with you guys. Maybe next time....Have fun!

Dan

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Torque Wrenchs

Well, between Art's brand new "Digital" indicating wrench and my old "Clicker" we should be fine! Have Torque Wrench, will travel!

John

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey all! If anyone is interested in getting a way cool Ducati Design Headlight installed, Paul will be happy to come out tomorrow and do the install himself.

Spread the word..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts