BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it is time for a tech session, so get your farkles and service parts ready. I talked with Raffy and came up with Nov 13th for the next tech session. If you plan to have work done on your bike please post what you need done, or if you are just observing/helping out. We will make this tech session conditional on weather.

Rob in Orangevale
HDDC Service Garage

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
nashty said:
We will make this tech session conditional on weather

Does the garage have a leaky roof???:D ;)

I may want to install a small Blue Sea fuse box on the 1200GS...

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
Not an LT project....

but a K1200R project.

Thanks Rob for hosting a session.

The projects are on Wolfgang:
1- mount the radar detector
2- open up the second snorkle
3- install the Gerbings connection

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
One more ride instead.

Friday, November 11th is a Federal holiday, Veteran's Day. We have a ride planned over the three day weekend into the Trinity range up north. Hoping the weather holds up for one more overnighter before the long winter's nap. :sleep:

See you next time. :bmw:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maybe an oil change, and help others where I can.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Tech session

Change Transmission Fluid & final drive to synthic oil. What time and where?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a bunch of stuff to do... but am waiting for the 36k... I am at 34k now... but not sure I will be ready for the service by the 13th...

However I will come and help out if I have nothing to do on the bike... will see how close I can get....

Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tech sessions start at 9am, we usually have a couple LT's stripped and our adding farkles or doing a service. You can work on your bike, help others or just watch. We usually have approximately 15 bikes show up and help work on about 6 bikes at once. This is just a bunch of riders who have enjoyed getting together and adding toys to our bikes. Lunch consists of homemade chili with corn bread, and usually other treats from other riders. Soda and water will be provided if you want something else feel free to bring it.

Rob in Orangevale
HDDC Service Garage

8150 Millie St
Orangevale Ca. (Hwy 50 to Hazel Ave or Hwy 80 to Sierra College which turns into Hazel Ave, between Oak Ave and Old Auburn, Turn onto Steven Ave, Right on Millie, look for the helmet on the mailbox)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Provided I can get over the mountains from Reno, I would be planning on checking valve clearances and learning how to do a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Just found out that I have to go to Ontaro next weekend. Only good part is I get to ride the LT.
Hope there will be another one soon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Weather permiting, I plan to attend. Can give a hand, etc. Need to check small engine oil leak. Chile sounds good too.
Marv
'99 K12LTC/ARMEC

·
Registered
173 Posts
I need to take care of a few things:

1. Move XM radio to a BMR Co-Pilot with GPS
  2. Install a BlueSea fuse box,
  3. Troubleshoot ground problem (maybe fixed when fuse box is installed),
  4. Replace wind deflectors (ones I have are sort of yellowed),
  5. Get PIAA's to work again (ground problem?),
  6. Change oil (if time or energy left)

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I'm in :D

I heard there might be a few more R bikes also.....

I've got a few lighting modifications to play with along with the power for an Street pilot and BMR shelf to install. Plus I may change the plugs.
This is all subject to my being able to wait for the 13th. Either way I should have time to help work on the other projects going on.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Maybe its just me but ..Oil changes at these Tech Sessions seems like it would be a pain in the azz..what are you going to do with the old oil? take it with you..have Rob dump it for you?...seems like having the dealer do it for a few bucks or you doing it yourself at home (not me) may save a lot of headaches. again this is just me.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
What are ya trying to do Nelson, Start an Oil Thread? :rolleyes::eek::p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nelson, oil is picked up with my recyclable trash every other week. Just need to put it in a 1 gallon milk jug. I should have a couple laying around. Looks like a few blue sea fuse boxes are getting put in. Rich hope you our up to all the fun! See you guys soon.

Rob in Orangevale
HDDC Service Garage

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i don't know how these things work, but if it's not too late i'd love help with 24k service, including checking valve lash and replacing fuel filter. valves should be okay as they were adjusted at 12k, but i've never replaced the fuel filter.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts