BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators please "sticky" this until its over.

Location Hazel Green, AL Just north of Huntsville by 20 miles. Take High Way 231/431 north to Hazel Green, left on Charity Lane (first left as you leave town) then 9/10 mile right on Hazelwood Dr to the corner of Lindsey and Hazelwood. 60 ft tower in the back yard, can't miss it. Garage large enough for 4 bikes at once. No lift so we'll have wallow on the ground like pigs.

So far we have Wayne from Tuscaloosa for a 24K and HID install.

Bring em on!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Next Time

The AMA Flat Track guys are in Tennessee that day or I would love to attend/help.

I have 2 riding buddies with LTs up in Nashville that would like to do a tech session.

I will watch for the next event or let you know if we will do something in Chattanooga or Nashville.

Have a good safe session!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick,

No problem. Bring about 2 pints of your favorite DOT 4 brake fluid (maybe 3 to be safe). See ya there.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill,

You are most welcome to stop by. It is just 5 miles South of the Tennessee line.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Attend

John

If I can work it into my schedule I would like to attend I from Ga atlanta area new to the LT got my 04 in March. So if ok I would like to attend I want to learn how to do as much as I can. I would like some one to look over my HID install I have grounding issues that I could use help with. Any hotels close by I would stay overnight and come home sunday.

Thanks

VanO

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VanO,

Looks like you are 210 miles 3:38 driving time according to map source. And we are on CDT here. Up I75 to I24 then off at Monteagle to alt 64 into Fayetteville TN then down 231. There are a couple of hotels in Fayetteville - Best Western on the 64 bypass. Come on down ( up , over - whatever). The more the merrier. Well see if we can de-bug your HID.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
But if you want a really fun ride, I75 North to Exit 306. Take GA-140 west to US-27, then north to Summerville. Cross the railroad tracks and make and immediate left on GA-48. Stay on GA-48 into Alabama where the road becomes AL-117. Stay on AL-117 through Mentone and Valley Head. On the other side of Valley Head, AL-117 will make a right onto US-11 and then it will make an almost immediate left. In about 2 1/2 miles AL-117 will make a right turn, go straight and the road turns into AL-40. Stay on AL-40 until it ends at AL-35. Take a right on AL-35 to US-72, cross over the overpass and take a left onto US-72 West. 42 miles later you'll be in Huntsville, take US-231 North to Hazel Green. Then call John and tell him to come lead you in. ;)

This route is about 4 hours in length, but it will be alot more fun than slabbing it to Monteagle and then riding south on US-231. But then again that's my opinion, but it is the route I would take and always take to Huntsville.

Cheers.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great

I'm looking forward to it John. I'm sure you will post the earliest time you will allow folks to show up. Not that I'll be there at day break. Running through deer country before sun up is not my favorite past time. If I go up and party with my cousins in H'ville ( a bunch of 50 something cousins partying, can't even get the Alabama cousin joke thing going at that age) the night before I may be there a little earlier.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I too am looking at coming up from the Atlanta area to learn whatever I can about my bike. I just bought an 02 in March and have had a blast riding this bike. I am sure the ride there will be half the fun of the visit.

thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
John,

I you have room for one more from the Atlanta area, I would love to come hang out and watch... :D

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is plenty of room for rubber neckers. So you GA boys come on over. We might even put you to work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks

Guys

Thanks I should be there what time will you get started so I know when I need to leave ga.

Thanks

VanO

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Make sure you put Al to work, he needs it. :p :D

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like your new avatar Steve.

Start Time will be when Wayne gets here from Tuscaloosa.

Rick is doing a brake flush and he better not show up before 7 AM. I gots to get my beauty sleep.

But I suspect the 24K will start around 9 AM. Will wait to see what time he thinks he will be here. Should have it all nailed down and posted in time for all to plan the trip over.

(I really hate typing on this laptop while I am on travel)

·
Registered
602 Posts
John Rehder said something about doing a throttle cable change out at his house that same day. If he does, I will probably go there. I know it's just a matter of time before the cables have to be changed out on my '02, so I might as well learn how to do it.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great Al. That is a worth while task to learn properly. Catch you on the next go around.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Arrival

John,

I will be working nights that week. I won't get home till 1:30 sat morn. I'll try to leave @ 7:00. That'll get me there about 9:00. I may be a little behind schedule. but, no later than 10:00.

(I only have a laptop. I have to type on it every day. I feel your pain! :rotf: )

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That will work out well Wayne. I should have Rick's flush pretty well wrapped up by then and we can start draining fluids when you get here. I can go all day if we need it, don't cut your sleep short just to get here. Be safe!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts