BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to plan on a tech session at my place in west Houston if anybody is interested.
Probably one of the last 2 weekends in March.
Fred Kraft and Mike Haughty need to install Smartire systems. Of course Mike may still be in a cast. Fred is needing a 48k service.

If you need service and are interested,post your need and date preference here.

dan

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Dan,

Great offer..The 26th would work for me, I am working on the 19th.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dan, thanks for putting out the possible dates. This is a big help to me so whatever dates work for everyone is good. Work has kept me from any real rides and now I'll wait for a few days for the sand to get dusted off the roads. I have a wish list going and will send it so you can let me know whats even possible. I will get tires ordered in the next week...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Dan,

Great offer..The 26th would work for me, I am working on the 19th.
Update: I have now joined the 14,000,000 unemployed... :( But my daughter has volunteered me to help her with a fund raiser on the 26th. Any other date is fine.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wolfgang said:
Update: I have now joined the 14,000,000 unemployed... :( But my daughter has volunteered me to help her with a fund raiser on the 26th. Any other date is fine.
Bummer Wolfgang. Hope you find something.

Dan

·
Registered
910 Posts
That sux big time commander Wolfgang. Hope you find something soon.

On the leg..
Just got the cast off and waiting for approval for walking and putting weight on it.. I have been trying a little at a time , tho.. Pain isn't for putzis ...
Does still hurt like the dickens..

Next week with the blessings of doc, I will start some light exercise....

Better pull the bikes and get some juice on em.. Kinda hard... Storage unit has no electricity plugs in em..just timed lighting..
:cool:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm just finishing up a 60k service with a few extras [added a ford starter relay, using the bike relay as a pilot relay to avoid welding contacts, fixed a coupla' holidays...broken windshield mechanism, broken canopy/wind deflector] so, I'm pretty good to go. When you've got a firm date, I may come to assist or observe, just for the chance to visit and ride...

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Any more thoughts on the tech session. I live in Lake Charles, La. and if y'all are going to be getting together on the 19/20th I'd like to come by. I have plans for the last weekend of the month so if that's when you do it I'll have to hook up some other time.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are going to do the tech session on Mar 19th at my place about 5 miles north of Sugar Land.
So far fwkraft is the only one needing service.

dan

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
DanMartin said:
We are going to do the tech session on Mar 19th at my place about 5 miles north of Sugar Land.
So far fwkraft is the only one needing service.

dan
I'm there. Ole Toad needs a fork seal fix, butt I'll let Hank handle that one. So, depends on when he finishes whether I'm 2 or 4 wheelin' it. Cya.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dick said:
I'm there. Ole Toad needs a fork seal fix, butt I'll let Hank handle that one. So, depends on when he finishes whether I'm 2 or 4 wheelin' it. Cya.
Fork seals are real simple. Doing both takes about an hour.

dan

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
DanMartin said:
Fork seals are real simple. Doing both takes about an hour.

dan
True dat, butt I'm tryin' to work a trade with Hank and finally get rid of my seventh exhaust system - need more room at the shed! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dick said:
True dat, butt I'm tryin' to work a trade with Hank and finally get rid of my seventh exhaust system - need more room at the shed! ;)
WOW, pack rat headquarters. I thought I was bad.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
DanMartin said:
WOW, pack rat headquarters. I thought I was bad.
Dan, you have a lot of stuff in the garage but you know where EVERYTHING is in there.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have to work that day...schedule change...I work 2 sat on...one sat off...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Looks like I will need to trailer the LT to your house as I am not up to ride just yet.
I know I am taking it easy on the mend and I know dang sure I wOnt be up to in case I need to use this leg for any strength.... I would have figured I would be alot further along than I am nOw..
Just dropped the last crutch today and still wearing this heavy boot :cool:

·
Registered
292 Posts
would not mind coming for an observation and a meet and greet, but I need better directions than about 5 miles north of Sugarland. Do we have an address?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
theoldone said:
would not mind coming for an observation and a meet and greet, but I need better directions than about 5 miles north of Sugarland. Do we have an address?
pm sent

·
Registered
339 Posts
I plan to come for the ride and I may go ahead and put my quick connects on and mount my digital voltage monitor for something to do in a crowd! ha ha!!! I expect I'll be kinda' late...10-12 ish.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts