BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for some other BMW riders/tinkerers to work with to become competent on the "regular" maintenance of the bikes. I would like to get down to the brakes and recommended maintenance and possibly easy mods to enhance the use of the bike. If we are adjusting valves and replacing other engine parts, I would rather defer that to A&S for peace of mind. Seems like with the amount of brethren that I pass just on Sunrise alone daily, there would be interest in this.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Re: Tesh Session In And Around Sacramento

Sign me up. Some things I can teach and much more I'd like to learn.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Tesh Session In And Around Sacramento

And you two ride a............?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
PM me.... I will have a friend over within a couple of weeks to do a 12K on his bike, and you can come over (Cameron Park area) and watch. We can knock his out, and maybe get to yours; I have a lift, and most of the tools.

We can easily do the fluids for tranny, FD, engine, and replace filters. I have never bled the '02 brakes, so I am not really familiar with them....

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Hallzee, I am ashamed of you! :mad:

A new guy chimes in and asks for help and you want him to ride up to deliverance territory? Really?

All that and a bag of chips will get a guy who taught you how to do most of the maint on pepe?

Becoker, PM me! I'm over Madison/Fair Oaks way. And I have access to a better lift than Hallzee has!! :histerica

And if we are lucky our groups "torque master" will be absent!!!!! :D

I've only got a little experience tearing into Barbara! Just a little mind you! http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57328 In all fairness Hallzee did help hold barbara's nuts! :rotf:

P.s. If you see a RED LT with a good looking guy on it speeding down Madison... Stop him he has my bike!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
shoswell said:
Hallzee, I am ashamed of you! :mad:

A new guy chimes in and asks for help and you want him to ride up to deliverance territory? Really?

All that and a bag of chips will get a guy who taught you how to do most of the maint on pepe?

Becoker, PM me! I'm over Madison/Fair Oaks way. And I have access to a better lift than Hallzee has!! :histerica

I've only got a little experience tearing into Barbara! Just a little mind you! http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57328 In all fairness Hallzee did help hold barbara's nuts! :rotf:

P.s. If you see a RED LT with a good looking guy on it speeding down Madison... Stop him he has my bike!!!!!! :cool:
There are some things that Becocker needs to understand. Hoss (raised as an Amish lad), thought that working on motorcycles was similar to working on his old plow horses.

He thought he could do the valve adjust by shoving his arm up the exhaust pipe. :D

Don't ask about adding fluids.

·
Registered
860 Posts
shoswell said:
And I need to do my 36... I got the stuff ordered... After this weekend trip, I am prepping to do the work... <snif> See if I invite you guys to watch me tighten my valve cover bolts till they snap... (back 'em off a quarter turn and you're at torque).

I guess I'll just have to prop the wheels up on a couple of wooden chairs... <sigh>

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
UncleMark said:
And I need to do my 36... I got the stuff ordered... After this weekend trip, I am prepping to do the work... <snif> See if I invite you guys to watch me tighten my valve cover bolts till they snap... (back 'em off a quarter turn and you're at torque).

I guess I'll just have to prop the wheels up on a couple of wooden chairs... <sigh>
I'll dust the lift off for ya! Come on up; BBlack is going to do his too. We can knock them out fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts