BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps we can get a head count for Saturday's tech session at 09:00? I will send you a map to our home if you email me @ [email protected]

Please add your name(s) below:
1 Ken (Dayle too?)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Tech Session Head Count

1 Ken (Dayle too?)
2 John

John

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Ken (Dayle too?)
2 John
3 Brian

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
1 Ken
2 John
3 Brian

I don't think Dayle will make this one. She has a phobia about ladders. ;)

Actually, she's trying to get a novel written while we're up here and needs the time to focus on that.

However, I wouldn't mind catching a ride over with John.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
West Side Shuttle

No problem on the ride Ken. As long as you can trust my navigational skills! Or "Betty's" for that matter! Maybe we better see if Art is willing to navigate on second thought? We'll get you there and back somehow though, don't you worry buddy.

John

·
Registered
710 Posts
1 Ken
2 John
3 Brian
4 Jim

·
Registered
474 Posts
Since there is only one space left I better take it

1 Ken
2 John
3 Brian
4 Jim
5 Art

I'll be happy to drive and pick up John and Ken.

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Thanks, Art. Let's work out the details at dinner tonight.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Okay, I am ready to go. I spent the last two days putting the bike together and adding a few special farkles for the journey to Ernie's. I installed a rudder,bilge pump,skis on front forks,propeller,and a periscope if it gets real bad! See ya there!

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sanjaun2 said:
Okay, I am ready to go. I spent the last two days putting the bike together and adding a few special farkles for the journey to Ernie's. I installed a rudder,bilge pump,skis on front forks,propeller,and a periscope if it gets real bad! See ya there!
Brian,

You will need all of them for the trip. I would consider sonar if you happen to get into one of those tire ruts. I was up to Redmond last night and the rain was just non-stop. Good luck and see you in the morning.

E

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Made it home fine, Jim and I stopped for some dinner on the way. Thanks for the company Jim, and thanks to Ernie for having us over. Pauline's lunch was great also. Thanks for cooking!! It was great to see the locals again. (Ken included!) See ya soon

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all

I want to thank Ken for stepping up to the challenge of showing us a Clutch slave R&R and "drilling." The roving tech/social instigator is on the loose, and doing a great service I might add.

Thanks you to Jim and Brian for making the trek all the way down from the Seattle area and Tacoma for our get-together. You guys deserved an award for braving the weather for the experience of another tech session in Portland.

And a final thank you goes out to John, Art and Jeff for coming and lending the valuable support to the session.

Ken will post pictures and a write-up for all your reviews. The job is not an easy one, but it is a job all are able to do with some tools and some nerve. The LT is not to be intimidating.

I will be looking forward to reading Kens write-up and seeing the edited version of the many pictures that we took. I will also enjoy reading the posts of folks willing to pull apart their LT and start saving themselves some $$$ and getting some very well deserved experience in the art of motorcycle maintenance.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I enjoyed the company too Brian. I was a little chilled by the time I got home. My Gerbing jacket liner heat controller was non-functional pretty much the whole way after we left Spiffy's. It looks like I will need to get it replaced. The seat heater helped but it was 37 degrees until we got to Tacoma where it managed to creep up to 40. I cranked up the electric blanket and slept real well last night though :). At least that controller was working :D.

It was a great learning and sharing experience. Thanks Ernie and Pauline for hosting a great tech session and lunch was great. Thanks to Ken and and everyone for sharing their experience and wisdom. I know I learned something from everyone that was there. I am looking forward to spending more time with the whole crew. There is no shortage of smart alecs in this bunch and that's just the way I like it :p.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Jim it was great to meet you also. Glad to hear that you and Brian made it home OK without frostbite! Hope we'll hook up again in the future. Your memory of the instrument covers removal helped a lot in the Speedo mod!

Art and I got out for a short ride around the block this afternoon just to see if we could still master the Bikes! Seems like it has been just too long with our pouring rain! Temps varied from 38 to 46, but the correct gear makes it all fine for short rides!

John

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
I saw several bikes on our way out to the coast today. I'd just look over and sigh, and Dayle would know that I'd wished we'd ridden up instead. Next time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts