BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just testing the waters here. Got a Tech Day planned for the guys on the ADV board. Anyone here want to stop by and work on their own bike? Got two lifts for picking the big bikes up to working height. Lots of room to work and I have most of the tools you may need.

Please leave them behind when you leave.

I am a sculptor by trade and I work in welded steel. So if you need something welded or want to make something for your bike I have most of the machinery you might need also. If you can bring your own steel great, if you use mine we can talk price on the steel.

My shop is located just north of McDowell on 40th Street.

The date is Jan. 9th from 9:00 am till whenever.

If you are interested I will P.M. you the contact info. and address.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Interested, but don't really have much to do on the bike right now, that I feel like doing anyways. May pop in and install the new tip-over bars I just got.

When Kevin says he has a couple of lifts, he's not foolin'. Eat your heart out Handy Lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
If only I still had my LT....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's an old garage. The lifts are back in action again. I had to rebuild both of them to stop the leaks and slow creep. The older one outside is from the late 40s or early 50s. The "new" one inside is from 1954. The seals are getting hard to find.

Doesn't matter if you don't want to work on your bike. Just drop on by and see the goings on. With the ADV guys you never know what's going to happen next.

I will PM you the contact and address info.

kevin

jkersh1 said:
Interested, but don't really have much to do on the bike right now, that I feel like doing anyways. May pop in and install the new tip-over bars I just got.

When Kevin says he has a couple of lifts, he's not foolin'. Eat your heart out Handy Lift.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm interested. Not sure if I'll have much to do on my bike, but would like to see what others are doing, share tips, whatever.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We'll be out there by the end of the month. Can you put it off that long? I've had to shovel snow three times already in Indiana. Lookin' forward to some Phoenix winter.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rcockrum said:
We'll be out there by the end of the month. Can you put it off that long? I've had to shovel snow three times already in Indiana. Lookin' forward to some Phoenix winter.

Sorry, It's looking like about 8 or 9 bike will show up. Don't know yet on the ones that will be on trailers.

I will PM you my contact info. and give me a call when you are in town.

Stay warm, see you soon.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sorry guys I volunteered to be the Motorcycle SAG support for Casa Grande Bicycle ride on that Sunday. I do not have anything to work on my bikes any way nowadays.

kevincaron said:
Just testing the waters here. Got a Tech Day planned for the guys on the ADV board. Anyone here want to stop by and work on their own bike? Got two lifts for picking the big bikes up to working height. Lots of room to work and I have most of the tools you may need.

Please leave them behind when you leave.

I am a sculptor by trade and I work in welded steel. So if you need something welded or want to make something for your bike I have most of the machinery you might need also. If you can bring your own steel great, if you use mine we can talk price on the steel.

My shop is located just north of McDowell on 40th Street.

The date is Jan. 9th from 9:00 am till whenever.

If you are interested I will P.M. you the contact info. and address.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leave your garage door open tonight and I will come by and break something for you. :D :D

MattKas said:
Sorry guys I volunteered to be the Motorcycle SAG support for Casa Grande Bicycle ride on that Sunday. I do not have anything to work on my bikes any way nowadays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts