BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tapping noise coming from the left side of my K1200LT(2003). I think it is a valve out of adjustment. Any one have advice. wouldn't ya know warranty ran out in may of 07.

Steve D

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Have you checked the valve adjustment?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I have not checked valve adjustment. I will check valve adjustments if all other advice or suspected alternatives fail to produce ralveesults.

Steve D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
could be injector tick

I have the same ticking noise right now. I think it might be a noisy injector since I just adjusted the valves 4k miles ago. I'm ignoring it for now.

skydancer said:
I have a tapping noise coming from the left side of my K1200LT(2003). I think it is a valve out of adjustment. Any one have advice. wouldn't ya know warranty ran out in may of 07.

Steve D

·
Registered
805 Posts
skydancer said:

Steve D
Someone recently was able to record an undiagnosed tapping/clicking/rumbling noise and post the recording as a wav file. It helped greatly. If you could do the same . . .?

A valve is possible. An injector is possible. If you take off the lower right fairing you might be able to locate the position of the source, which would help rule out one of the possibilities. A mechanics stethescope or a cardboard tube or a wooden dowel will really help localize the noise. Otherwise we're just guessing.

·
Registered
805 Posts
grifscoots said:
The injectors and valves are on the left, or, your other right.
Thanks for catching it, Grif, my spatial disorientation must be getting worse!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts