BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like one of the significant accessories for the LT would be a tank bag. Having just bought a new (for me) 2002 LT, I began searching this site for recommendations on an effective - would still like to have access to the little radio compartment - tank bag, but with limited success. It seems the most popular is the Chicane and, as luck would have it, they're no longer in business. Any advice to an LT newbee?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Marsee has a full line of quality tank bags, I have on I use on my R1100RT. I also have a BMW tank bag for my RT and I would say that my Marsee bag is better quality then the BMW bag. I am sure you will be able to find a Marsee bag to work with the K1200LT and at half the price of the BMW bag there a sweet bargain. Here a link for their K1200LT bag.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/4896/MarseeTankBags

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
If you want a massive tank bag, go for Honda one built for the ST1100. Fits like a glove, rest your chin on it, but still no problems with steering or stereo.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just traded my LT for a RT.

I have a used Chicane bag that I would like to sell. I will ship it for $70.

It has been used since the Ohio rally and I really like it. It has lots of compartments for odds and ends and was just what the LT needed.

Contact me if you are interested.

Karl

·
Registered
509 Posts
nocanpickem said:
I have a used Chicane bag that I would like to sell. I will ship it for $70.
I'll buy your Chicane bag, if Dobe66 doesn't...assuming that is what his PM was for.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I made my tank bag from an Eddie Bauer fanny pack, for under $25.

It did take quite a few hours to stitch the straps on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts