BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Looking for a nice tank bag for my LT. I like the looks of the Chicane, but after calling and leaving emails for them (10 times) with NO return calls, I have given up buying one from them.

Any used bags for sale, or links for bags that you came guide me too?

Thanks!

:bmw:
 

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
Joined
·
1,245 Posts
I am in the same boat, I hear nothing but great things about the Chicane, and I do like the looks. I also have called and e-mailed them ALOT over two months with out any response. To me not a great way to run a business!

If you search the site many are liking the BMW bag and RKA(not sure this is right)
Good luck

Hollywood said:
Hey everyone!

Looking for a nice tank bag for my LT. I like the looks of the Chicane, but after calling and leaving emails for them (10 times) with NO return calls, I have given up buying one from them.

Any used bags for sale, or links for bags that you came guide me too?

Thanks!

:bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I'm curious. Everytime I see one of these threads about tank bags, I expect to see someone comment on the Wolfman Explorer Lite. It looks like it would be ideal for an LT or RT. I have talked to them and they indicate that they think it is too wide for either bike but it measures 8.5" wide which is as narrow or narrower than any of the other bags I see mentioned and their quality and responsiveness is great. Anyone out there have a Wolfman bag in use?


Dan Forker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Chicane Tank Bag

I have the Chicane tank bag for the LT, which works great, is expandable, attaches in seconds and comes with a rain cover. The one down side is the clear map pocket on the top, very small. They do sell a separate map pocket which is much larger and attaches to the existing rings on the bag. Now as already reported, you will not find it on there web site, regardless of the number of e-mails they typically do not respond and many, many phone calls also go unanswered. (The original purchase of the tank bag was done through a dealer when I was traveling through the US a couple of years ago). The reason I know about the contact issues with Chicane is that I have been trying to purchase the extra map pocket for a couple of months but no luck. Maybe the Chicane brothers will read some of these posts and get the hint!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
I use my Honda ST1100 tank bag. Massive storage. Holds all my cook gear, documents, maps, gadgets.
Full sting ray use and no bar interferance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Try contacting BMW of Denver they are a dealer and know him (Randy), he rides a lot but the bags are great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Wolfman Tank Bag!!

DanForker said:
I'm curious. Everytime I see one of these threads about tank bags, I expect to see someone comment on the Wolfman Explorer Lite. It looks like it would be ideal for an LT or RT. I have talked to them and they indicate that they think it is too wide for either bike but it measures 8.5" wide which is as narrow or narrower than any of the other bags I see mentioned and their quality and responsiveness is great. Anyone out there have a Wolfman bag in use?


Dan Forker
I have used a Wolfman Explorer on my LT for 4 plus years and other than honking the horn once in a while as I move around in the barn "I think it works great" I keep my SLR, lens, flash, extra gloves, mounted my GPS to the front, along with a couple of cup holder (one for water, one for a spray unit in hot weather) com cords when not in use, air gauge, muilt tool, and then there are the side pockets, really the list goes on and on and on..The map holder is removable, and because it velcros on I'm in the process of making a larger one to take our Texas maps without having to fold them so many times. Again I could go on and on just like my list of content. Bottom line I think it is the greats bag out there...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,872 Posts
Lone Star BMW in Austin has Chicane Tank bags in stock. You can get one from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Lonewuff said:
Lone Star BMW in Austin has Chicane Tank bags in stock. You can get one from them.
I have just purchased a 2002 LT from USA,but haven't recieved it yet.Just wonder which tank bag and tail bag from Chicane that fits the LT.The bike has a BMW trunk rack.Thankful for an answer :)
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,459 Posts
cruisern said:
I have just purchased a 2002 LT from USA,but haven't recieved it yet.Just wonder which tank bag and tail bag from Chicane that fits the LT.The bike has a BMW trunk rack.Thankful for an answer :)
Hans (silverbuffalo) has a Chicane trunk rack bag for sale in the classified forum. And I 'think' there might be a Chicane tank bag listed somewhere in there also. Chicane does make an LT-specific tank bag, so make sure you obtain that one as opposed to a regular m/c tank bag. Good luck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
650 Posts
Some of you forgot that the two front straps on the Chicane tend to pull loose at the stitching. An upholsterer and $25 can fix this problem because you can't count on the Chicane brothers to respond.
I still have no response from them since Nov. '07.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
Right............

bblalock said:
Some of you forgot that the two front straps on the Chicane tend to pull loose at the stitching. An upholsterer and $25 can fix this problem because you can't count on the Chicane brothers to respond.
I still have no response from them since Nov. '07.
NO CHIT :mad: :mad: :mad:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top